Echo...Echo Just got the deal of the day gentlemen

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saw Junkie81

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Long time listener, first time caller. I've been researching saws on the site for months now. I'm by no means a pro or make my living with a saw. I did manage to pick up a BRAND NEW CS-600P for $255 out the door today. It was in a pawn shop and I stumbled upon it just killing time. Never had bar oil or fuel in it. Came with a bar cover but no chain and missing one of the bar nuts. So, I need advice from the pro shop. :chainsaw:

Well that is quite a first post. And fortunately you did not attempt self suckage so just for you I will give you your first YOU SUCK. That is a heck of a deal.

You suck like a fleet of hoovers! hahahaha! Hey, you got that so cheap, you might want to think about getting it ported before it gets dirty.

You suck like a fleet of hoovers! hahahaha! Hey, you got that so cheap, you might want to think about getting it ported before it gets dirty.
Well that's the big question. So after I paid the man, I went straight to the Echo dealer and dropped it off for them to check it out. I'm a supporter of keeping the little man in business. I don't have a warranty but have no problem paying them to set it up and adjust the carb. The big question is, since I don't have a warranty, and pulling the EPA screws off shouldn't be an issue. Right?

Long time listener, first time caller. I've been researching saws on the site for months now. I'm by no means a pro or make my living with a saw. I did manage to pick up a BRAND NEW CS-600P for $255 out the door today. It was in a pawn shop and I stumbled upon it just killing time. Never had bar oil or fuel in it. Came with a bar cover but no chain and missing one of the bar nuts. So, I need advice from the pro shop. :chainsaw:

.........................Lets just hope there has not been any flood water inside the crankcase.......:eek: say what?

Well that's the big question. So after I paid the man, I went straight to the Echo dealer and dropped it off for them to check it out. I'm a supporter of keeping the little man in business. I don't have a warranty but have no problem paying them to set it up and adjust the carb. The big question is, since I don't have a warranty, and pulling the EPA screws off shouldn't be an issue. Right?
Correct. Pull the tabs and mod the muffler and cut tons of wood.

The muffler really needs no modification at all. The deflector or "guide" as it's shown in the IPL came in several different flavors for those saws. Early 600P's will have a very small guide and separate deflector with a screen under them. I haven't seen a later 600P yet, but they share the same P/C as the CS-590 and are likely to have the later deflector/guide which are spot welded together and very difficult to separate.

The only modification that needs done is to remove most of the material on inner guide and leave the outer as-is, so the exhaust port in the muffler has a straight shot at it.

A few weeks ago I ordered all the "guides" listed in the IPL for the CS-590, 600P, and 620P. Interesting that the completely WRONG part showed up for the CS-620, but was packaged correctly with the correct part number on the package.

The 600P part showed up as the later part used on the CS-590, not as two separate parts shown in the IPL. The later part will be taller and larger than the original that was used on the 600P, and it will be tach welded together. I attached a pic of the original CS-600P part, side by side with the CS-590 part.

Notice how much larger the CS-590 deflector is compared to the CS-600P.

I tested my 600P with the original smaller guide against my 262XP and it was just a tad quicker in timed cuts. I have since installed the new larger guide but haven't repeated the testing. In any case if your 600P has the early two piece design all that you have to do is remove the inner guide/deflector. The later type may need ground out as shown in the pic below. I tried to separate one of the ones I purchased and it was NOT coming apart without destroying it.......Cliff

IMG_0737.JPG

The muffler really needs no modification at all. The deflector or "guide" as it's shown in the IPL came in several different flavors for those saws. Early 600P's will have a very small guide and separate deflector with a screen under them. I haven't seen a later 600P yet, but they share the same P/C as the CS-590 and are likely to have the later deflector/guide which are spot welded together and very difficult to separate.

The only modification that needs done is to remove most of the material on inner guide and leave the outer as-is, so the exhaust port in the muffler has a straight shot

A few weeks ago I ordered all the "guides" listed in the IPL for the CS-590, 600P, and 620P. Interesting that the completely WRONG part showed up for the CS-620, but was packaged correctly with the correct part number on the package.

The 600P part showed up as the later part used on the CS-590, not as two separate parts shown in the IPL. The later part will be taller and larger than the original that was used on the 600P, and it will be tach welded together. I attached a pic of the original CS-600P part, side by side with the CS-590 part.

Notice how much larger the CS-590 deflector is compared to the CS-600P.

I tested my 600P with the original smaller guide against my 262XP and it was just a tad quicker in timed cuts. I have since installed the new larger guide but haven't repeated the testing. In any case if you 600P has the early two piece design all that you have to do is remove the inner guide/deflector. The later type may need ground out as shown in the pic below. I tried to separate one of the ones I purchased and it was NOT coming apart without destroying it.......Cliff

View attachment 483042
Thanks Cliff. I have a 2013+ model (Gen 2). I remember looking specifically at the exhaust when I picked it up and noticed it was the larger opening. Seems easy enough. Nothing that cold beer and a Dremel can't handle.

Back