Echo PowerBlend

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No prejudice against Echo here. I've used their mix oils, among others, for many years with zero probs noted.

What would Niko say if we told him that Aspen uses that oil in their canned premix? Just kidding.

I really have nothing against Echo oil, except that I don't know much about it - I'm just messing around.....

You are going to get a lot of mileage out of this thread, and after a while it won't be about oil. Just use the best oil you can get and lots of it. (32:1)

I read somewhere that Stihl did a test with a 362 with 20:1 and it ran like 38 seconds and then straight gas which was like 3 minutes. I like 50:1-45:1.

I read somewhere that Stihl did a test with a 362 with 20:1 and it ran like 38 seconds and then straight gas which was like 3 minutes. I like 50:1-45:1.

That's what I do. I run Ultra at 50:1. Of course, I'm an Unabashed Bottle Rinser (official club member), so that probably makes my mix closer to 45:1.

Since the 4-Mix engines don't like high oil concentrations, I just use one recipe for them and the rest of the 2-cycle equipment in my arsenal. Simple is better.

l would use and trust Echo labelled oil more than Husky or stihl. There is too much money at stake for the big two brands who can put there name on an average product and people will pay extra for it. Its all marketing. Anyway l don't like FULL synthetic oil, all my gear starts and runs better with petrolium based stuff. Anyway these oil threads are pretty funny, when was the last time anyone suffered catostrophic failure due to poor oil.......it never happens, straight gas yes, but a failure due to oil is very very rare these days. l think its funny people pay so much for full synthetic 100% ester based oil thinking their OPE will benifit and have better protection as a result.....cleaner spark plugs/exhaust ports yes, better lubrication absolutely false.

The FD rating tells you what you need to know, the brand name is just marketing.

I'm presently using up some FC oil I got on clearance at MalWart, but will be going back to PowerBlend FD when it's done - it's readily available at a decent price.

PowerBlend is all my dad runs, at 50:1. His 455R has never been tuned and runs great - someday I will pull the muffler to look inside.

The Echo 2 stoke oil in Canada in dark blue so no problem here. I also like that it has stabilizer in it. I wonder if the Troll has even tried it. Humbug!
The 2 types of Echo oil available locally to us, Semi Synth Blue, 100% synth Dark Red; Problem It is more expensive than the FD rated oil we use

Just burned 3 tanks of Shell V-Power 93 octane E10 with Echo PowerBlend at about 46:1. Saw ran great, I like it! And the AutoTune of the 545 did amazing, maybe 3 cuts and it was all adjusted!

I was reading that stihl m-tronic saws are good for up to 25% ethanol wonder if the husky autotune is the same way?

Latest posts

Back