Echo saws kinda lame

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you run your 250 against a muff modded CS400, I've run mine against a 029, 290, Husky 55, Echo CS440 Shinny 488 and a CS520 , the CS520 beat it good, the 290 and 029 were just about even maybe a second faster in a 16 second cut and the CS400 smoked the rest, just the way it is without orange glasses on. Steve

mmmmmmm different bar and chains ???? hardly a test

mmmmmmm different bar and chains ???? hardly a test

I'll be the first admit that the 3/8 lp 6 tooth setup that the CS400 comes with really cuts. All chains were sharp and all were .325 which cuts faster than regular 3/8 on 50cc saws. I converted a CS4400 to a 3/8 lp 6 tooth which really helped.
Steve

Last edited:
Pro Mac 5700 vs. Echo CS 670

Well, you guys have got my feathers ruffled. This month I'm going to cut cookies against an Echo CS 670 with a reconditioned McCulloch Pro Mac 5700 20 I just brought back to life and saved from the land fill. I'll put new chains on each with the same size bar specs. The Mac 5700 is just an upgraded Mac 610. I think the Echo CS 670 and Mac 5700 engines are almost the same displacement.

Should be dang interesting. Which "dinosaur" saw do you think will win? Anyone have any predictions? :msp_rolleyes:

Well, you guys have got my feathers ruffled. This month I'm going to cut cookies against an Echo CS 670 with a reconditioned McCulloch Pro Mac 5700 20 I just brought back to life and saved from the land fill. I'll put new chains on each with the same size bar specs. The Mac 5700 is just an upgraded Mac 610. I think the Echo CS 670 and Mac 5700 engines are almost the same displacement.

Should be dang interesting. Which "dinosaur" saw do you think will win? Anyone have any predictions? :msp_rolleyes:

Hard to tell until we see them run, But if your stopwatch breaks down you could probably use an hour-glass instead. :laugh:

Have you run your 250 against a muff modded CS400, I've run mine against a 029, 290, Husky 55, Echo CS440 Shinny 488 and a CS520 , the CS520 beat it good, the 290 and 029 were just about even maybe a second faster in a 16 second cut and the CS400 smoked the rest, just the way it is without orange glasses on. Steve

Have I ran a stock 250 against a muffler modded echo?No.Should I have to mod a saw to make it cut somewhere near as fast as it should?No.Even the crappiest little crap saw will cut fast with a sharp ,non lo kick chain.Ill go one step farther and say my 180 will smoke a 45 cc echo

My poulan 260 42cc with 3/8LP picco PS3 safety chain out cut my like new stihl 025 with 325 RSC. Just saying. :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

IMO the poulan 260 is a better built and easier to work on saw then the 025-250, again JMO. :ices_rofl::rotfl:

Have I ran a stock 250 against a muffler modded echo?No.Should I have to mod a saw to make it cut somewhere near as fast as it should?No.Even the crappiest little crap saw will cut fast with a sharp ,non lo kick chain.Ill go one step farther and say my 180 will smoke a 45 cc echo

Just courious; but what would you even use a ms 180 for? Oh thats right you said it would "smoke a 45cc echo."

I just gotta rember, that this is an open forum. Some times I forget, believing everyone that responds actually has a clue.

Hard to tell until we see them run, But if your stopwatch breaks down you could probably use an hour-glass instead. :laugh:

Heheheheheh... My vintage Mac 605 blew away a Stihl MS 290 at the last GTG. This Pro Mac 5700 should hold its own against any 60cc saw that Stihl builds today--even my MS 361.

Frankly, I think a Pro Mac 5700 will walk away from an Echo CS 670. However, remember that it weighs a couple of pounds more.

Last edited:

Well bud I believe any of my saws would beat your 250 ...just saying no reason for brand bashing

Get real..There's a vid on here and yuotube of a 45cc Echo kicking a MS290 bad so your POS 180 cuts faster than a MS290. And yes all Echo saws need a muff modd, hugh improvement. Steve

ok ok.Maybe I was a bit harsh using the word lame.We are all in this chainsaw addiction together.Like I said,I like all saws.I think Echo is a bit cocky in their sales pitch.But if you like echo,then who am I to say anything.Id like to to apologize for offending anyone.You wont see an echo in my saw line up,and if someone dont want a Poulan Pro in their lineup,I understand .One thing we can all agree on,we all like beer.If I ever meet you guys,even you Echo guys,first rounds on me

ok ok.Maybe I was a bit harsh using the word lame.We are all in this chainsaw addiction together.Like I said,I like all saws.I think Echo is a bit cocky in their sales pitch.But if you like echo,then who am I to say anything.Id like to to apologize for offending anyone.You wont see an echo in my saw line up,and if someone dont want a Poulan Pro in their lineup,I understand .One thing we can all agree on,we all like beer.If I ever meet you guys,even you Echo guys,first rounds on me

Im in, like West Virgina's in the big 12, I like beer and the one Echo i got. Local farm and ranch store gots a Echo CS 550P that looks dang decent. Got some money i could blow on a saw, but the 365XT Husky is at the top of the list.

Last edited:
Make it a root beer for me and we got a deal.

Back