Echo SRM-2110 opinions...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bg357

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I know it's not a chainsaw, but I've seen a few other threads on brushcutters and such, so maybe it's ok.:msp_unsure:

I'm looking at a used Echo SRM-2110 brushcutter on Craigslist. Seems to be well maintained, started & ran well, but wasn't able to cut anything with it.

Are they a good machine? Enough power to run a brushcutter blade well? What do ya think it would be worth? Anybody know what the new price was on these? This one only has the brushcutter blade, are there other heads still available for these?

Thanks for the opinions,

I don't know if the SRM-210 is the same but those were the entry level straight shaft trimmers that went for about $220 a decade ago. We sold the CARB model, SRM-211. Don't know if it'll take the blade though.

This is the SRM-2110, not 210, I don't know if the two are related. This one had the brushcutter blade on it, so I know that fits.
This guy said he bought it six years ago for $459, but sellers are often great liars. I haven't been able to learn much online about it.

Srm-2110

Well; I have one.

Here is the kicker, I bought it about 30 years ago!

I don't know the exact year; but I know where I was working, at the time, and the Echo shop was near that location.

Never any trouble with any part of that machine.

It came with the saw blade attachment; and that is all I have ever had on it. A 80 tooth blade; well different blades, but always an 80 tooth blade.

I have a farm; and that SRM has been used every year since I bought it. Use it to cut brush and woody growth weeds, where we don't or can't get the tractors with a brush hog in to cut brush.

I did open up the exhaust some, took the screen out. and richen the carb.

Always lubed the shaft and gear box head. And used ECHO oil, always.

The SRM was my first exposure to ECHO products; it hasn't been the last.

Right now, it is loaded on my Yamaha Rhino to do some cutting of Locust saplings this weekend. It won't let me down.

motobike

Looking at the manual http://www.echo-usa.com/getattachme...b8-3eb8659004dc/SRM21002110eST1E_020199_1.pdf it's still only a 21cc machine. I have a 210 and like it for weed wacking (so I'm not one of the echo haters here) but I can't imagine getting bicycle handles and a metal blade for it to do any serious brush cutting even though there apparently available. I have an old husqvarna 232r (32cc) that's about the size I'd consider the minimum if you have any true heavy brush to work through. On the other hand if it's 1/2 inch soft pine seedlings it might work.

Looking at the manual http://www.echo-usa.com/getattachme...b8-3eb8659004dc/SRM21002110eST1E_020199_1.pdf it's still only a 21cc machine. I have a 210 and like it for weed wacking (so I'm not one of the echo haters here) but I can't imagine getting bicycle handles and a metal blade for it to do any serious brush cutting even though there apparently available. I have an old husqvarna 232r (32cc) that's about the size I'd consider the minimum if you have any true heavy brush to work through. On the other hand if it's 1/2 inch soft pine seedlings it might work.

Back years ago, when I bought mine, the so called ( Bicycle Handles) were on all of the SRM-2110 in that Echo shop. Then, at least, I think that is the way they came.

Don't let that little engine fool you, it will get the job done.

I agree with Motobike, great machine. When we bought our house 8-9 years ago. I bought one, and I've cut, and cut, thick grass and weeds. not one issue ever, love it.

That's amazing, I can't believe they'd keep the same model # for that long.
Do you have a picture? What would you pay for a nice used one, not nearly that old?

Well; I have one.

Here is the kicker, I bought it about 30 years ago!

Never any trouble with any part of that machine.

It came with the saw blade attachment; and that is all I have ever had on it. A 80 tooth blade; well different blades, but always an 80 tooth blade.

I have a farm; and that SRM has been used every year since I bought it. Use it to cut brush and woody growth weeds, where we don't or can't get the tractors with a brush hog in to cut brush.

I did open up the exhaust some, took the screen out. and richen the carb.

Always lubed the shaft and gear box head. And used ECHO oil, always.

pic

Bg357,

Sure I will try to get a pic this weekend. I just got a new computer, and it has a different photo program; but I will get it figured out. I haven't sent any pics yet.

It actually doesn't look too bad. It need a good cleaning now, but I won't have time to do that.

Yes, I remember when I bought i; it came with harness too. That makes using it with (Bicycle Handlebar) easier. I do use that, but usually, it is easier to just manhandle it; because it is balanced really good.

On my to do list: Get a pic

Somebody said "entry level straight shaft machine". I don't remember it that way. The SRM cost a lot more than an entry level, box store machine at that time. Entry level doesn't describe that machine. Now, we are talking a long time ago, and things are different now.

motobike

Last edited:
This one is setup for a harness, but the seller doesn't have it anymore. I used a similar Homelite years ago with a harness and it seemed to make things easier on long jobs. The Echo did feel nicely balanced though. I ought to just buy it, but I'm not sure I wanna pay the $125 he's asking for it.

jpa2p4.jpg

xfswac.jpg

6t2qac.jpg

Looks like you figured out the photo program! =)
This one looks pretty much like yours, except it has asymmetrical handlebars, kind of like this photo. View attachment 258193

I see you have some kind of lightweight cutout blade. Did you find it ran that better than a solid blade?

Looks like you figured out the photo program! =)
This one looks pretty much like yours, except it has asymmetrical handlebars, kind of like this photo. View attachment 258193

I see you have some kind of lightweight cutout blade. Did you find it ran that better than a solid blade?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No I didn't figure out the photo program here! I used tinypic.com to load the pics. Maybe you could im me or email me on tips to load the pics.

If your Echo is color orange, it may be older than mine; or if is a later model; they went back to orange. The gray ones were in the middle I think, mine is gray.

The blade: No I don't see any difference in this blade or the echo blade.

The one I'm looking at is gray, just like yours.

Can't help ya with the pictures. I'm using Tapatalk for iPhone. It makes it very easy to add a pic, don't know how it is on a PC. Looks like you figured out a good workaround, and they're even embedded on my browser, rather than a link.

I ended up buying the Echo like yours, managed to get it for $95. Seemed to be a good deal for the condition it was in, and considering that a very similar new model sells for $339 locally.
Here's a pic

e2e2ysej.jpg

I was going to ask your opinion about the various blade & trimmer head options, but after re-reading your messages, it sounds like all you've ever used is one type of blade. Anyone else have any opinions on the 6-8 different line heads Echo sells for this model?

I contacted Echo and they said that this particular model was only manufactured from 1994 - 2001, so I'm not sure how you managed to buy one 30 years ago. Maybe it was a 'Back to the Future' kinda thing... ;-)

I ended up buying the Echo like yours, managed to get it for $95. Seemed to be a good deal for the condition it was in, and considering that a very similar new model sells for $339 locally.
Here's a pic

e2e2ysej.jpg

I was going to ask your opinion about the various blade & trimmer head options, but after re-reading your messages, it sounds like all you've ever used is one type of blade. Anyone else have any opinions on the 6-8 different line heads Echo sells for this model?

I contacted Echo and they said that this particular model was only manufactured from 1994 - 2001, so I'm not sure how you managed to buy one 30 years ago. Maybe it was a 'Back to the Future' kinda thing... ;-)

Your Echo is newer than mine.

The handle is different for sure, it is the newer type.

I'm not sure about the date but the Echo shop that I had bought it from; was not in that location in 1994, A highway replaced it.

I was only going on the location of the Echo shop and I worked in that area before that shop moved.

I just looked at your machine again, your hand controls are completely different than mine, you certainly have a newer model.

Last edited:
Mine is definitely newer, but still an SRM-2110.
yvuze9ev.jpg

Later models were designated Type 1E, which is what I have. I asked them if the 1E was made '94-'01 and the other was earlier, but they said no.
I suppose they could be wrong, but their statements jived with info I eventually found on their website, it even shows a pic of your style.

http://echo-usa.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/654

Latest posts

Back