Edison Motors announces their pickup truck kit

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So what do you guys do when you pull an old truck out of a fencerow?

If we had to re-title something every time you made a major change we would be broke. It costs $431 to title an license (1 year) a $200 truck here.
Sound like you live in the commie state. Title fee is $68.00 last I checked.
Most people have zero business modifying, fixing, swapping or doing another type of work to a vehicle. Thats more then evident, by all the stupidity you see doing yearly inspections.
No title is a red flag, 90% of the time it's from nefarious intent. The other 10 is stupidity.
Different states have different way/levels of difficulty to get a new title for a vehicle. Pa is one of the hardest, we often just use the Vermont loop hole to get a valid registration, then change that to a title. Lots of leg work and cost. Not worth it imo.
Home built trailers go through the same enhanced inspection. Again, 99% of people have zero business making or modifying anything that will be driven, pushed or pulled down a road.
The process is easy, but had the highest rejection rate. People can't seem to understand there are federal and state laws that have to be followed, from both a manufacturing standpoint and safety stand point.
Although I do think it should be a lot easier to do swaps and whatnot, I've been doing regular, enhanced and dot inspections long enough to understand why such things exist.

Has anyone ever seen one of these..................

1702239551450.png

I just have to travel up the hard road about 14 miles to find a lifetime supply
What type of engine is that?

Only small ones. If they're under 1800lbs, or can pass for under 1800lbs(don't look at the 5000lb axle under it 🤐🤫), then titling and such isn't needed here.
We are allowed to build any trailer we want here and title it as a homebuilt trailer......easy peasy. I have the paperwork coming at the beginning of next week on some.

Sound like you live in the commie state. Title fee is $68.00 last I checked.
Most people have zero business modifying, fixing, swapping or doing another type of work to a vehicle. Thats more then evident, by all the stupidity you see doing yearly inspections.
No title is a red flag, 90% of the time it's from nefarious intent. The other 10 is stupidity.
Different states have different way/levels of difficulty to get a new title for a vehicle. Pa is one of the hardest, we often just use the Vermont loop hole to get a valid registration, then change that to a title. Lots of leg work and cost. Not worth it imo.
Home built trailers go through the same enhanced inspection. Again, 99% of people have zero business making or modifying anything that will be driven, pushed or pulled down a road.
The process is easy, but had the highest rejection rate. People can't seem to understand there are federal and state laws that have to be followed, from both a manufacturing standpoint and safety stand point.
Although I do think it should be a lot easier to do swaps and whatnot, I've been doing regular, enhanced and dot inspections long enough to understand why such things exist.
With all due respect Sean your laws in PA are totally ....... senseless. I have no idea why the citizens of the great state of PA have not filed a "right to repair lawsuit". Yes Illinois is a commie state but after seeing what you have posted it is clear PA is much, much, much worse. WOW.... :omg:

So everytime you pull an engine and tranny you have to get a new damn title?
Do the issue you a new VIN?
You stick a 9 inch Ford under your 1970 Chevelle you have to get a new title?
Inspections.........we do not have those here unless it is a commercial vehicle and of course those are needed.
I have heard in Massachusetts the have a law that requires all sellers (private or dealer) to offer a warranty. Do you also have that?

In about 90 minutes I will be on the ole phone with a buddy out in your area so I will be asking him what is like where he is.

We can do the same here, I just never have.
I talked with a fine gentleman last week down in Springfield and he is mailing out the form to fill out. We used to just have to take a few pics and they mailed the title and a sticker with a VIN. I will see after COVID if things have changed.

What type of engine is that?
As noted by others it is a Packard V-12 used in PT boats and from what I was told by the owners in airplanes. I know some internet jockeys might disagree. The picture I posted was a file photo from the net. The owners her are not going to allow me to take pics. They bought them in huge amounts during the 1960's and 70's. They used them in a pulling tractor but as unique as they were sadly they were not all that competitive. We had another neighbor that pulled in the same class that ran (5) 454 Chevy engines. He won a poo ton of pulls all over the midwest. Ole Donny with the V-12 Packard was a great guy and one helluva fabricator but that ole iron just could not keep up with the 454 Chevy's running blowers. He did Ok against the guys running the Allison engines though.

Sadly ole Donny passed a number of years ago.

Won't fit under the hood of anything other than a 1987 Lincoln Town Car.

Thank you should amend that to a 1970 cadillac coup deville

Well I will assure you it will not fit under the hood of either. Darin always wanted to put one in his truck but of course it would have had to go in the bed

With all due respect Sean your laws in PA are totally ....... senseless. I have no idea why the citizens of the great state of PA have not filed a "right to repair lawsuit". Yes Illinois is a commie state but after seeing what you have posted it is clear PA is much, much, much worse. WOW.... :omg:

So everytime you pull an engine and tranny you have to get a new damn title?
Do the issue you a new VIN?
You stick a 9 inch Ford under your 1970 Chevelle you have to get a new title?
Inspections.........we do not have those here unless it is a commercial vehicle and of course those are needed.
I have heard in Massachusetts the have a law that requires all sellers (private or dealer) to offer a warranty. Do you also have that?

In about 90 minutes I will be on the ole phone with a buddy out in your area so I will be asking him what is like where he is.
You have the right to repair whatever you want, just stick the factory parts in it and you'll be fine.
Swapping an engine or trans no, not if it was factory equipped. Ford engine in chevy, vice versa, cummins in Ford, yep needs an enhanced inspection.
9" under your chevy, technically yes, needs an enhanced inspection, and technically should not pass a state inspection. Depending on who inspects it, they will let it go. The give us a good bit of discretion and leeway as inspection officers. However, legally all those modification need disclosed to disclosed to an prospective buyer. Along with it being an r-title, flood vehicle etc.
Really that's not what it was originally intended for, however the commonwealth let pendot go nuts with it. Either way 99% of people will never have to deal with it, either directly or indirectly. It's a painless process, inspect the vehicle like normal, test drive, take a few pictures fill a mv-426b out, waste an inspection sticker and send it off to pendot.
Before it they came out with it, you would take whatever it was to the local blind inspection mechanic, slip him (or her) a $50, he would sign off on the form, stop by Harrisburg dot and walah, instant title. There was a lot of fraud, and hinky stuff going on, with that system. This way, is a bit over done, but it does assure a safe vehicle, that meets federal and state vehicle codes, and also full disclosure of any issues, or modification of the vehicle. It could be a bit less convoluted for sure.
As far as I know, there's no requirement to offer any warranty on used vehicles for private sale, no idea about commercial/dealers.
The enhanced inspection book, can be downloaded off the net. 40 pages of numbness, but it there.

You have the right to repair whatever you want, just stick the factory parts in it and you'll be fine.
Swapping an engine or trans no, not if it was factory equipped. Ford engine in chevy, vice versa, cummins in Ford, yep needs an enhanced inspection.
9" under your chevy, technically yes, needs an enhanced inspection, and technically should not pass a state inspection. Depending on who inspects it, they will let it go. The give us a good bit of discretion and leeway as inspection officers. However, legally all those modification need disclosed to disclosed to an prospective buyer. Along with it being an r-title, flood vehicle etc.
Really that's not what it was originally intended for, however the commonwealth let pendot go nuts with it. Either way 99% of people will never have to deal with it, either directly or indirectly. It's a painless process, inspect the vehicle like normal, test drive, take a few pictures fill a mv-426b out, waste an inspection sticker and send it off to pendot.
Before it they came out with it, you would take whatever it was to the local blind inspection mechanic, slip him (or her) a $50, he would sign off on the form, stop by Harrisburg dot and walah, instant title. There was a lot of fraud, and hinky stuff going on, with that system. This way, is a bit over done, but it does assure a safe vehicle, that meets federal and state vehicle codes, and also full disclosure of any issues, or modification of the vehicle. It could be a bit less convoluted for sure.
As far as I know, there's no requirement to offer any warranty on used vehicles for private sale, no idea about commercial/dealers.
The enhanced inspection book, can be downloaded off the net. 40 pages of numbness, but it there.
Sean.

I believe I counted 11 different times in your single post above you mentioned "inspection" or a derivative of such.

That is plum flugging crazy. You see even in what you yourself called a communist state (Illinois) we do not have inspections on personal vehicles.

You folks need to go to the ballot box!

No law here requires inspections of personal vehicles UNLESS they are deemed salvage by an insurance company.

Sean.

I believe I counted 11 different times in your single post above you mentioned "inspection" or a derivative of such.

That is plum flugging crazy. You see even in what you yourself called a communist state (Illinois) we do not have inspections on personal vehicles.

You folks need to go to the ballot box!

No law here requires inspections of personal vehicles UNLESS they are deemed salvage by an insurance company.
Yep, not gonna agree on this. The enhanced inspections arw a bit much, but the yearly safty inspection is just fine.

Yep, not gonna agree on this. The enhanced inspections arw a bit much, but the yearly safty inspection is just fine.
We did have yearly inspections here for years. Now you can pay for a 2 year sticker. They won't let a car on the road with a rust hole here.

What is the point of the inspection other than to collect yet another tax on the back of the working man? All your politicians are doing is lining the state coffers and encouraging unscrupulous repair shops.

Do you folks also have the ridiculous law like Massachusetts where you cannot sell a used vehicle without providing a warranty?

Latest posts

Back