Edit:::Amazing Husqvarna dealer FOUND!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Everyone here knows I bought a 562xp last March. After a month my saw filter was soaked with gas. After 2 weeks or so "they" finally looked at it and said it was a faulty tank vent. It was replaced. Well since then the filter has always been wet with gas.... Yesterday my saw refused to start at all. My kids and family are riding on the back of this saw! I need a dealer who will look at this thing that cares enough to find out the problem with this saw. I have the 4 year warranty but its useless unless someone who like saws will fix it. There is another dealer here locally that may be OK but I dont think so. I went there 6 months ago for an air filter and all they did was bash autotune. So well anyone know of someplace great???? Oh ya I pulled the muffler off and the top of the piston is covered in carbon all the way ½" below the rings. My decomp valve has some gunk on it, and it was sticking yesterday too. HELP!!!!!!!!

90 octane e-free gas and Lucas semi synthetic and gumout 2 cycle used only on this saw @ 40:1 my 445 that's 4 years old uses the same fuel. I pulled the plug on the 562 its all gunked up. The 445 plud it a whitish color.

Sorry to hear man, I walked away from my jonsered/husky dealer when I asked for a carb kit by the number and he asks me to bring in the carb... No, that's not how it works, I need this kit, I'm 38 miles from home, I'm not coming back with the carb.... Go to the most hated stihl dealer in town and he walked over to the drawer and pulled it out. Then I asked for a clutch drum for efco 4600 I even had the pn in hand. He says "bring me the drum to match up" I say "I need the part, order it I don't care what it costs, the customer is waiting" went back a week later, drum not ordered and his excuse was "I was waiting for you to bring the drum back to me to match up" the owner and customers knew how mad I was when I left and have not been back.

Sorry to hear man, I walked away from my jonsered/husky dealer when I asked for a carb kit by the number and he asks me to bring in the carb... No, that's not how it works, I need this kit, I'm 38 miles from home, I'm not coming back with the carb.... Go to the most hated stihl dealer in town and he walked over to the drawer and pulled it out. Then I asked for a clutch drum for efco 4600 I even had the pn in hand. He says "bring me the drum to match up" I say "I need the part, order it I don't care what it costs, the customer is waiting" went back a week later, drum not ordered and his excuse was "I was waiting for you to bring the drum back to me to match up" the owner and customers knew how mad I was when I left and have not been back.
I started a similar thread with a nicer title...a guy locally told me of a dealer with a great mechanic 2 hours away. Going to call him first thing in the morning. Hopefully he has time to mess with a warranty on a saw he didn't sell me.

good luck with a good dealer. i do know that there will be a great dealer for sithl echo husqvarna john deere etc in about 20 years. ill be retired and opening my own shop

i not a dealer but i do the have new autotune if you ever need me to check for codes i live in lincolnton. im the only person around including dealers that has the autotune program
Thanks man! If you have that GTG hopefully it will be fixed by then. It would be awesome to sit down with a person and see what all it does say

Threads like this make me appreciate my dealer for the most part. He doesn't ask many questions, orders the part I need and it's usually there within 3 days if he doesn't have it on hand.. There are a plethora of dealers around me but he is the only one worth a hoot. I hope you find someone to look at your saw that actually enjoys what they are doing and takes a little pride in their product.

Threads like this make me appreciate my dealer for the most part. He doesn't ask many questions, orders the part I need and it's usually there within 3 days if he doesn't have it on hand.. There are a plethora of dealers around me but he is the only one worth a hoot. I hope you find someone to look at your saw that actually enjoys what they are doing and takes a little pride in their product.

Thanks man. That's what I hoping. There is an awesome Stihl dealer right down the Rd..... I just really liked how the 562 felt compared to the ms362. I won't forget the fact the Stihl dealer here is so nice to deal and talk with. Next saw will most likely be a Stihl if I can't get better local service from husky

Shoot it?? Is there a policy that will have them replace this one?

No, this is the problem with anything computer driven: you need the dealers' computer to figure it out. Same problem we are having with sleds here, something goes wrong, you have to send the machine in to have it diagnosed. Computer controlled reverse, injectors, oil pumps, gas pumps, not to mention air and water temp sensors, anti-knock sensor, barometric pressure sensor, humidity sensor...the wiring is an unbelievable rats nest under the hood.

Buy an older carb saw that you know how to work on and piss on the dealers. Ask yourself how much your time is worth on a hourly basis, then add up how much time you've lost on this current problem child. Sounds like you are throwing money down a hole just to have a new saw. I have two 394's that have NEVER failed to start. Ever. I don't run them every day like some, but hey, so far so good.

Local dealers (lowes) here don't do service work. They killed off all the Moms and Pops that actually did service. One reason I'm not a big fan of Husqvarna.

I gave up getting anything auto-tune fixed locally and just deal with Terry or Bob now. I personally really like the 5 series Huskys and am willing to go thru some hoops to run them.

There are at least two well-respected Husky dealer/repair shops on AS where I'd ship a funky 562 in a heartbeat. These issues crop up in Stihl ms362's from time to time too; at one time the local shop had nine of them from the same outfit with carb issues under warranty. Not surprisingly, it was a clearing crew that killed them. I'm sure you treat your saws better. :) Just need a good shop, that's all.

As much as I like the 562, I still hang on to and prefer the 357s'. Not had any issues with the 562, but have other saws to use if it happens.

I'd be contacting spike60 or TLandrum for any warranty work or new saw purchases.

Latest posts

Back