ehp 2159c

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rahtreelimbs

rahtreelimbs

A.K.A Rotten Tree Limbs
. AS Supporting Member.
Amoungst My Saws........Fool That Has Too Many!!!
Having both EHP359's & EHP361's I can tell you that both are really tremendous saws!!!

Torque is about even............the difference is that the 361 pulls about 1'000 RPM higher.

But you are payimg for that since the 361 is more $$$ than the 359!!!

I believe Ed has developed his 361s more than his 359s after that.......:biggrinbounce2: :biggrinbounce2:

This could very well be. It doesn't really matter to me as I am more than satisfied with his work and follow up!!!

SWE#Kipp

SWE#Kipp

Addicted to ArboristSite
Urbicide my muffler was just like the one you described in post #18, I used a dremel to clean the inside of it and then brazed a 16mm pipe to the upper right corner so the noise get blown away from me as much as possible !

attachment.php

MAG58

MAG58

ArboristSite Guru
I have a 357XP/359 muffler with the part # 503 91 75-03 L. It is a non-cat muffler. It has a baffle plate located inside at the junction where the front and rear muffler halves are brazed together. The baffle has a single opening in it located at the lower right hand corner as viewed through the inlet. I would estimate the opening to be pretty close to 20 mm in diameter. The exhaust port is located on the top of the muffler in the back. Why the engineers put it there is beyond me. It makes for a crispy-edged top cover.:popcorn:

Well, the # 503 91 75 tell that this is a Top port FF muffler, not DF. I have gone thru the IPL's for 2159 and 357xp/359, and there is no empty Top port DF muffler for them? And the baffler plate in the middle seems to be the same that is in the Tube EU type muffler that I have. Sorry, but I was to fast and hoping for an easy way whit DF muffler for the 2156/2159 357xp/359 saw's.:(

SWE#Kipp

SWE#Kipp

Addicted to ArboristSite
this is the FF number 503 91 75-01 from a 2004 ipl 357/359 and they should be empty, but the new DF is not, but it's a fix to gut it out :)

MAG58

MAG58

ArboristSite Guru
this is the FF number 503 91 75-01 from a 2004 ipl 357/359 and they should be empty, but the new DF is not, but it's a fix to gut it out :)

Hey, you confuse me :dizzy: :laugh:
I have gone thru all IPL’s for 357xp/359/2156/2159 and there is no DF Top Port type muffler made for this saw’s.
The muffler type I have found is this one’s;

503 91 76 EU (Front Tube type)
503 91 75 FF (Top Port type)
537 10 22 E-tech/Cat (Top Port type, EPA)

So the question is; has there been some empty FF Top Port type muffler for this saw’s?
After what I understand it’s only the DF Top Port type muffler that’s empty, and I have one empty DF Top Port type on my 2006 mod Jonsered 2152.
attachment.php

Austin1

Austin1

Addicted to ArboristSite
interesting!

As I have a 2159 with a cat, the non cat muffler is on order and should be here this week. I will have to see what the baffle looks like as I will mod it by MIG welding a 9/16th or 5/8'' pipe in the corner to keep the hot exhaust from the plastic. This saw already started to warp the plastic cover! Evan my Poulan has a larger deflector for the exhaust gas so as not to melt the saw.

MAG58

MAG58

ArboristSite Guru
As I have a 2159 with a cat, the non cat muffler is on order and should be here this week. I will have to see what the baffle looks like as I will mod it by MIG welding a 9/16th or 5/8'' pipe in the corner to keep the hot exhaust from the plastic. This saw already started to warp the plastic cover! Evan my Poulan has a larger deflector for the exhaust gas so as not to melt the saw.

Well it's not just the deflector, it's also the cat muffler that get extremely hot ;)

outdoortype

outdoortype

ArboristSite Guru
Woodfarmer & Mag58,
I noticed from your pics that there is some carbon around the top exhaust port on your saws. Do you also have more carbon around the decomp valve area now that they're non e-teched? I was just wondering cause I've noticed more carbon around the decomp & exhaust outlet & screen since I 've switched to non etech muffler.

MAG58

MAG58

ArboristSite Guru
Woodfarmer & Mag58,
I noticed from your pics that there is some carbon around the top exhaust port on your saws. Do you also have more carbon around the decomp valve area now that they're non e-teched? I was just wondering cause I've noticed more carbon around the decomp & exhaust outlet & screen since I 've switched to non etech muffler.

Well, my saw is a non cat original, cos over here we don't have the EPA reg. The saw is barley broken in, so after a RPM check whit tach and possible some tuning of the carb, I think the carbon is will be gone after a little time. I have never had any problems whit carbon in any of my saw's.

And here is one thing you can do, so you don't warp the plastic cover so easily (alu tape) ;)
attachment.php

attachment.php

Latest posts