Embarasing problem w/361

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nate, just listen to the guys on here and they'll get ya up and running...but yeah, i agree there's got to be more to it than a little rain. but when you figure it out, cut the old man some slack if he messed it up cuz 99 time out of 100 he's gonna feel real bad about it. family is more important than any saw (even if it is a 361, haha) :cheers:

I can't believe this thread has gone this far with Fish!!!!

Keep us updated to what the piston looks like. The rain had nothing to do with the saw unless the gas cap on the gas can was off and it filled with water.

I can't believe this thread has gone this far with Fish!!!!

Keep us updated to what the piston looks like. The rain had nothing to do with the saw unless the gas cap on the gas can was off and it filled with water.

thats exactly what happened. Im heading down there in a few. I keep you posted. thanks for the suggestion all.

on another note I talked to him a bit this morning telling him not to try and start it again and he said that he didnt take the limit caps off the air mixers and he said that after changing to fresh mix that it ran good for a few minutes but then just died and wouldnt start. also, when it did start it would die only when he hit the gas.

Before it died did the saw rev really fast? I'm betting you have an air leak and it was lean siezed before it sat in the rain or the gas wasn't mixed right.

Actually, I have been spending a lot of time back in Lawrenceburg, I'll
be back over there Mon. or Tue.
Bring it over if you need any help.
Or just down here this weekend, just a few exits down the parkway.

If you need any help at all, Fish is your go to guy up there. I would trust him with any of my saws any time.

RD

Actually, I have been spending a lot of time back in Lawrenceburg, I'll
be back over there Mon. or Tue.
Bring it over if you need any help.
Or just down here this weekend, just a few exits down the parkway.

Do you work the shop in Lburg or just visiting? Im originally from Campbellsville not too far from Loretto. If your up this way Ill come by next week.

Good news, piston looks great to me. no scoring scratches. just smooth. DId notice the muffler is way too constricted needing future mods. :)

Off to break down the carb.

Good, just clean the gunk out of your carb, you will likely be fine.

I am doing a kind of e-bay venture with a guy who has a shop in Lawrenceburg, so I have been there for the last few weeks.
But I just bought a few truck loads of inventory yesterday, combined
with my recent haul of Stihl junk, and all of the other parts, my garage is stuffed full of boxes, and I need to get serious about my own e-bay store.

It took me an hour to shuffle stuff around just to roll in a piece of equipment
that I am working on.
Luckily it is about 50 degrees here today, so I am getting some stuff
done before the cold hits.

Try to open the fuel cap for some seconds, before trying to restart the saw (after it quits running).

To put it another way, could the tank vent simply be clogged up with water?

It keeps me out of much trouble.

Yes, I think I am just going to say screw it, just start buying up old inventory and junk saws and then resell it online.
The down side is that all of the shipping and busy work is tedious and boring,
but I can do that while sipping coffee and watching Law and Order in my
underwear. It still beats working on junk equipment that these local
farmers want me to fix for next to nothing.......

Plus I can keep an eye on my chickens.

I have a new moral dilemma. Favio's daughter's are getting close to that age.
.................................................................................................

And he was caught this morning "being inappropriate" in the chick house
this morning.......................................

He insists that the moral guidelines for poultry is "very" different than for
humans, but I think his motives are kind of "subjective".

I am distraught............

Also, a BIG thanks to Himwill.

Wow, I had a note to pick up a package at the usps, I was expecting
some shipping mailers, but in addition, I got a huge crate of delicious
Texas fruit. Wow, very nice!!!! Much appreciated!!!!

"I have a new moral dilemma. Favio's daughter's are getting close to that age.
.................................................................................................

And he was caught this morning "being inappropriate" in the chick house
this morning.......................................

He insists that the moral guidelines for poultry is "very" different than for
humans, but I think his motives are kind of "subjective".

I am distraught............ "

.........................off with 'is 'ead............lit-tra-lee

Fish, I'll give you a new rooster...we have 3 now. Dad & 2 sons. Dad likes to use his spurs on anyone in the yard so his days are marked. The sons are much more mellow, so I will keep one of them.

Nate, good, no scoring....you were lucky!

RD

Good to hear! Likely just water in the carb then. Water's funny. Just running fuel through the saw won't likely clean it out. I would completely disassemble and spray out every passage. Trim the limiter cap tabs while you're at it. Be careful with compressed air. Too much can ruin the carb.

Finally got the carb broke down and cleaned w/ wd40. Now another problem. May have gotten the H and L adjustments off w/ the limiter caps off. If I tighten them all the way down w/ the caps off. How far should I back them out for factory setting?

Finally got the carb broke down and cleaned w/ wd40. Now another problem. May have gotten the H and L adjustments off w/ the limiter caps off. If I tighten them all the way down w/ the caps off. How far should I back them out for factory setting?

1 turn each. The will get you running, and you'll have to fine tune from there. I'd spray that WD 40 out with carb cleaner.

Latest posts

Back