Embedding images in your posts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've noticed a lot of images in threads not being embedded where they show up automatically. IMHO, it makes a thread much more enjoyable if they are embedded, rather than having to click on each link, a new browser window popping up, and then having to close that window for every picture linked. Additionally, you can only see one picture at a time that way.

It's very simple to embedd a picture in your post. The instructions are in the FAQ, linked towards the top of the page. FAQ.

"How do I add an image to a post?

If you have uploaded an image as an attachment, you can click the arrow next to the 'Attachment Icon' and select it from the list. This will be inserted into your post and can be located where you want it displayed.

To include an image that is not uploaded as an attachment and is located on another website, you can do so by copying the full URL to the image, (not the page on which the image is located), and either pressing the 'Insert Image' icon or by typing
after it, ensuring that you do not have any spaces before or after the URL of the image. You can insert pictures from your albums (?) in this way too."

Good thread

Thanks for starting this thread instead of letting County1's 362 get hijacked any further--part of which is my fault!

I've tried to embed images in the past, without success, so have only attached my photos up to this time. The question not clearly answered in the FAQs (at least to me) is how to embed an image that's on your computer as a jpg. Do you have to attach the photos first, submit the post, then go back and embed as a second step as an edit to your original post? I don't see this happening in your posts and others that carry embedded images, so I must be missing something here.

Sorry to be a dummy about this stuff, but I can't be the only one here on AS who is confused. Thanks for your help and understanding, Brad.

Olyeller

:agree2: That sure would be nice if we could get everyone embedding photos!

I use photobucket as my picture host and it's so easy to copy and paste the the image URL with the IMG tags already attached into my posts.

Photobucket is your friend...or at least mine, makes my life much easier than having to resize pictures all the time. Than all you have to do is copy and paste into your text field of your reply, no screwing around trying to use teh insert image button.

Last edited:
:agree2: That sure would be nice if we could get everyone embedding photos!

I use photobucket as my picture host and it's so easy to copy and paste the the image URL with the IMG tags already attached into my posts.

photobucket ruins alot of threads when the pics go missing.

I would say it is chainsaw related in that it makes the forum more usable.

+1 on Photobucket. I guess people just need to know they need to leave their pictures on there so the images stay here.

Can anyone explain why I can post pics with no problems on chainsaw, but on the great outdoors section of AS I can not. I tried dozens of times the exact way I do it on this chainsaw forum. I use photobucket so they will auto resize. Any thoughts??

Can anyone explain why I can post pics with no problems on chainsaw, but on the great outdoors section of AS I can not. I tried dozens of times the exact way I do it on this chainsaw forum. I use photobucket so they will auto resize. Any thoughts??

HTML code is OFF on that forum, so if you are copying the html link off your pb page, it wont work. But IMG code is on and if your copy the url and put it in the IMG tags, it should work. You might even have the option of the img tags there already, to copy directly.

Back