End of Year ArboristSite Awards / Recognition

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No reason to feel discouraged at all Calvin. People help out each other merely because they want to help, not for some sort of reward afterwards other than maybe a thankyou. You should feel good that you helped out others and that alone should make you happy and proud of yourself.

Right again, my friend! :agree2:

Last edited:
Awards to everybody, this site rocks for info!!!
Awards to everybody, your help rocks!!
Without this site I would be disease free!!
Without all the help I would have a big pile of dead junk!!!
Now I have a big pile of mostly running stuff.
And more to come!!:greenchainsaw:

No reason to feel discouraged at all Calvin. People help out each other merely because they want to help, not for some sort of reward afterwards other than maybe a thankyou. You should feel good that you helped out others and that alone should make you happy and proud of yourself.

Bubba, you nailed it. Whatever things we choose to do, we should do them because we are who we are. It's nice to be appreciated, but good deeds come from within.

Calvin, you seem like a very decent guy, I hope you have tremendous pride in that, because that's a real possession.

Although there's a few in particular that share lot's of information, everyone on here helps others in their own way, whether to give us good advice or just to make us laugh. I hate to name names because you can't think of everyone
So thanks to all AS members
:cheers: :clap: :cheers:

Theres a lot of good guys here, But i have to say ST Timberwolf and Romeo are top of my list!
If anyone has not mentioned Crofter and Redprospector I would be shocked!
Thall Lakeside Mow Ultra Brad snelling Talon Urb Rat Joat Stihlsawing Should get awards also!
And many other guys!

Last edited:
will i have not seen my name on here yet kinda makes me wonder after all i have done to help people kinda makes me feel discouraged inside

Come on Calvin, you gotta suck it up and stop seeing the glass as half empty all the time.

Who needs recognition anyway? Isn't that the kind of ego massage that Hollywood nutjobs need by always giving themselves all of those different awards? For the most part, AS members are real people, not plastic caricatures like we see on TV every night.

I've gotten to know so many good people here on the site, that it would be futile to try to list them all. I could post a hundred names, and still come up way short.

Thanks to all of my friends, guys who have bought stuff from me, guys who have helped me with info, and most of all, those of you who have posted stuff that has had me laughing to the point of tears.

It's really a lot of fun, a great community, and I look forward to getting to know more of you guys better as time goes on.

Theres a lot of good guys here, But i have to say ST Timberwolf and Romeo are top of my list!
If anyone has not mentioned Crofter and Redprospector I would be shocked!
Thall Lakeside Mow Ultra Brad snelling Talon Urb Rat Joat Stihlsawing Should get awards also!
And many other guys!

Frank Crofter is the one member I trust the most for accurate and unbiased facts on finer details......:clap:

That aint nothing Rope. Slinger told me your pom poms match those ole faded Huskies of yours, like pink do ya,:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhm Pink :confused: me thinks ya must be color blind
the saws I run are orange. Except for the little Mrs 200 and yes her
pom poms are pink :monkey:

Come on Calvin, you gotta suck it up and stop seeing the glass as half empty all the time.

Who needs recognition anyway? Isn't that the kind of ego massage that Hollywood nutjobs need by always giving themselves all of those different awards? For the most part, AS members are real people, not plastic caricatures like we see on TV every night.

I've gotten to know so many good people here on the site, that it would be futile to try to list them all. I could post a hundred names, and still come up way short.

Thanks to all of my friends, guys who have bought stuff from me, guys who have helped me with info, and most of all, those of you who have posted stuff that has had me laughing to the point of tears.

It's really a lot of fun, a great community, and I look forward to getting to know more of you guys better as time goes on.

Good post!

I will nominate Redprospector for giving me the fastest chains I have ever raced,,,,,,,, and he gave me his daughter too.:cheers:

Hahaha. The chain's were a dowry.

Ok, I'll nominate Romeo. He has given out some good advice on hot rodding a saw (and you all know deep down that you want one ;) ). Also, I've never heard him whine on this site.

Andy

I almost do not want to list anyone here because I will likely forget someone (but certainly not on purpose!).

They do, however, deserve mention so I will add Chris J, AndretheGiant70, PlantBiologist, Modified Mark, SawTroll (the Husky links), Edge & Engine (he hosts a number on his site), and of course have to re-mention Dibbs for starting that thread and Ghillie for contributing a ton of info.

In general, Fish, Lakeside, RiverRat(2?), Andre that giant guy again, PlantBio, .... geez, this list should be about 100 names long at least as I have gained info from almost everyone whether it be on cutting, sharpening, rebuilding, repairing, etc.

Sorry about forgetting some of the names (you are certainly right about that, Chris J) and I'm sure that I'll be adding to this thread on multiple occasions.

Check your PMS!!! (just kidding)

:cheers:

Me? I am just a jackass with a chainsaw. No awards necessary unless it is beer, or a chainsaw. :cheers:

I have read over all of these and there is no one mentioned that isn't deserving in one way or another! Several of them I have met and would say that even beyond this forum they stand out as remarkable persons/characters! However, I would like to put in a plug for all of those that have stepped up and provided a place and time for the GTG's we all love to attend and read about! To me it takes a special kind of person with more than just an advanced case of CAD to shoulder the responsabilities and aggravations that comes with these events.
Here in the Pacific Northwest that puts :cheers: bookerdog :cheers: at the top of my list for any end of the year Awards or Recognition............Bob :clap:

100 percent Genyouwine good guys

I believe from the bottom of my heart that everyone on here contributes in some way. I have found a source of information from many, on all sorts of topics, chainsaws included. I have laughed at many, and teared up on a few. I have thought WTF on some. I have had the opportunity to lend a helping hand a couple of times, and marveled at how some have gone far beyond the call of duty to help others. I have had a chance to meet several members and found them to be fantastic people. I will only mention one name, and that is Tom Hall, for starting the Stihl story (and not finishing it) because it was a great read (had to needle ya). AS for the rest of you THANKS for being here and making this a MUST part of my day. I feel good just knowing ya all in this forum. JR

Latest posts

Back