engine break in, re: oil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm new to this site and to being a saw owner (Husky 372xp arrives in 2 days). Can someone tell me what WOT stands for? Although I bought a Husky I'll be feeding it Stihl Ultra full-synthetic (because of the good things I've read about it here). At some point I may switch to the Mobil 2T racing synthetic oil but for now I'll use the Stihl brand and then refill those 2.6oz bottles with the Mobil (or similar product). I want this saw to last a long, long time so would like to start her off right. Any other detailed break-in procedures?

Nice saw choice. Just follow the directions in the manual and everything will be okay. Don't experiment. Check your mix to be sure it is the right 50-1. Use fresh gas. Follow the recommended maintenance schedule in the manual. It is a good read with very helpful pictures. The only think I can't figure out is how to get to the needle bearings in the clutch in order to grease them. I have to run by the dealer and have him show me how to pop the clutch off.

I'm not certain but I think there may be a grease zirk for lubing the clutch drum bearing. I would think that removing the clutch cover would expose the zirk. When you do find out for sure please let me know. I've seen postings that recommend using boat trailer wheel bearing grease but not too much as it will hold dirt.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back