Ethenol Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dont come to minnesota if you hate ethanol we probably produce the most of it. i have hated it for years as a mechanic and a equipment and vehicle owner.:givebeer: :cheers:

Well, you may produce more of it, but the entire west coast is saturated with E-10 gas now. I have to hunt to find 'gasoline' stickers on pumps here in Oregon now (which means it is not E-10).

Well, you may produce more of it, but the entire west coast is saturated with E-10 gas now. I have to hunt to find 'gasoline' stickers on pumps here in Oregon now (which means it is not E-10).

heck if you hate e-10 you should try the communist e-85 they shove down our throats.lol they have bs'ers claiming in newspaper articles when mixed half with regular gas it runs fine in a normal vehicle. What hog wash, i have been a professional mechanic for over 6 years of my twenties being 30 now, and know ethanol is terrible for engines not built for it.lol there hasn't been a nonethanol pump i have seen in mn for years besides unical 76 racing gas. 8 to 10 percent has been standard for years here. :chainsaw: :spam: :givebeer:

Last edited:
heck if you hate e-10 you should try the communist e-85 they shove down our throats.lol they have bs'ers claiming in newspaper articles when mixed half with regular gas it runs fine in a normal vehicle. What hog wash, i have been a professional mechanic for over 6 years of my twenties being 30 now, and know ethanol is terrible for engines not built for it.lol there hasn't been a nonethanol pump i have seen in mn for years besides unical 76 racing gas. 8 to 10 percent has been standard for years here. :chainsaw: :spam: :givebeer:

No way an I gonna run any E-85. That stuff must get about 40% less milage than pure gasoline. Closest gas station to me still has 98.5% gasoline. I pray to the gasoline gods that it stays that way every time I pass it by on the way to the freeway. $1.77 for regular there yesterday. My prayers have been answered!

Here is what an early Echo fuel line looks like after the ethanol treatment so be carefull. The top line is real soft and will suck shut the bottom pcs are the other line or whats left of it...Bob

In OR and CA, E-10 has to be clearly labeled on the pumps. Here they are almost always E-10 (10% ethanol). Fewer and fewer pumps here do not have them now. Also super here is E-10 as well. This summer seems to have killed off all 100% gasoline labels on the pumps in CA... which was around for a while, until they got rid of all the MTBE and replaced it with E-10. Now E-10 is replacing the 100% gas there too. I am down to one station near here that has 98.5% or better pure gas...

Overall, gas is regulated and taxed differently by each state. Here is a site that has all the ethanol in gas pump label requirements by state:

http://www.fuel-testers.com/state_guide_ethanol_laws.html

That's almost exactly like Michigan

No way an I gonna run any E-85. That stuff must get about 40% less milage than pure gasoline. Closest gas station to me still has 98.5% gasoline. I pray to the gasoline gods that it stays that way every time I pass it by on the way to the freeway. $1.77 for regular there yesterday. My prayers have been answered!

youre a lucky man windthrown. id love to have nearly pure gas here near me. i hope they dont take that away from ya anytime soon.:cheers:

youre a lucky man windthrown. id love to have nearly pure gas here near me. i hope they dont take that away from ya anytime soon.:cheers:

The station on the east side of Interstate 35 &70 was carrying non ethanol gas . Not sure if they still are. Otherwise you gotta go to Shafer or TaylorFalls to get it. They usually have a pump labeled -For use in collector cars or small engines only. Non-oxygenated fuel.

The station on the east side of Interstate 35 &70 was carrying non ethanol gas . Not sure if they still are. Otherwise you gotta go to Shafer or TaylorFalls to get it. They usually have a pump labeled -For use in collector cars or small engines only. Non-oxygenated fuel.

i am only bout 15 to 20 miles from there, thanks for the tip grand. must be in rock creek? bet its that old station that sells wild rice.lol i will have to take a trip there.:chainsaw:

i am only bout 15 to 20 miles from there, thanks for the tip grand. must be in rock creek? bet its that old station that sells wild rice.lol i will have to take a trip there.:chainsaw:

I know they had it when I filled up the motorcycle a while back,I think it's called Pit Stop now! Yup in rock creek.

Otherwise I know where there is some 110 octane leaded!!:clap: :monkey:

Back