ever had some chip stuck in your eye, real deep?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had my eyes scratched very badly on more than one ocassion, even while wearing eye protection in some cases. It always felt like there was something stuck in there, but the eye doctors said that bad scratches will feel like that, and to rest - and they prescribed medication to help it heal faster. $85 for a little bottle about the size of the fingernail on your pinkie finger!

Recently, one of my guys (who hates wearing eye protection) was dragging brush without his glasses because its been cold and they were fogging over. Having gone thru it before, I keep the meds on hand now -- I think its called Tubradose or something like that; it has steroids in it, so after a day or two, your eye feels like new -- but you have to put it in for 4 or 5 days or it may start hurting again. We also keep eye drops on hand, but they are single dose gel drops -- the thicker stuff stays in your eye longer but makes your vision somewhat blurry, so good for days off or at night, but that stuff REALLY helps.

I also keep some decent pain medications on hand as well, because that's some of the worst pain I have ever experienced. This last time he took a zantex, a morphine, and a shot of moonshine, took the drops, and stopped hurting and slept well that night lol

He always wears his glasses now.

Latest posts

Back