Ever Have A Day Like This?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Screw-ups are a given but the ones that really irriatate a guy are when you do not realize it until later when it is nearly put together. That seems to be the way things go around here.

Bill

NOw do I see a whole in that piston or is it just me....:( Have a nice one, you deserved it :cheers:

You are correct! There is a hole in that piston! BUT it is supposed to be there. thats where the wrist pin connects to the connecting rod......the conecting rod connects to the crankshaft........the crankshaft conects to the leg bone, Oh sorry, got carried away

As Forrest Gump would say, Schit Happens. Tant no biggie, taker back apart and turn that jug. You'll getter fxed up....

**** happens

as a mech. I know that you can only get mad at yourself but even that won't fix it you just got to take it appart again and put it back together the right way. your lucky it's only a small saw, it could be the clutch plate in backwards in a mack.

i think you still have a little of that virus to get rid of.

does pinch a bit when you know better.. and you do.. doesn't it

I can relate. I once tore down and reassembled an 045 Super in a couple hours. Picked it up to start it, and found the wrist pin clips hiding underneath. :cry:

I must not have thrown the saw too far because I still use it.

Chris B.

Still Grinning!

Just to update: It's back together the right way (hopefully) and should be running tomorrow then on ebay Sunday. It was a piece of cake this time except I didn't realize exactly where the oil line went untill after the blue locktite had set on the tank and trigger housing. Then I found that pull start housing was kinda in the way of the bug screen that needed to be screwed to the flywheel. All that's left now is to rebuild the carb and put it and the reed valves in. What could be any simpler than that!......Bob

You are correct! There is a hole in that piston! BUT it is supposed to be there. thats where the wrist pin connects to the connecting rod......the conecting rod connects to the crankshaft........the crankshaft conects to the leg bone, Oh sorry, got carried away

I know there's a whole in the piston for the connecting rod, but normally you can not see it from the muffler side, at least not with the saws I know of :confused:

Last Update!

Here are some pictures of the finished saw. It started right up and rans really well! overall I'm pretty pleased with the way it turned out. I have one more of these to do and at my age if I just wait a couple more days It will be an all new adventure. Thanks for your input on this.........Bob

deep sadness

Drop a valve adjustment shim down the cam chain tunnel of an inline four cylinder motorcyle engine and you wil get a really bad feeling in the pit of your stomach.

Thumb Oiler!

Everything for it is there and even one oil line goes to the handle. It's all blocked off from the factory with screw caps. I debated with myself about taking the set up from another saw and putting it on or just plugging the one oil line but decided to just leave it as found. Besides, it's been apart too many times already and it does oil just fine......Bob

Latest posts

Back