Ever Have One Of Those Days?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For me, 2013 was "one of those years". I broke 2 ribs in late August. Blew through most of my vacation mostly sitting in a recliner. Had to take some time off unpaid also. Besides that, the weather sucked. There wasn't much of a summer. Only got out in the pontoon boat once, and that was a cold day. Only got out in my kayak 3 times. Had a few days off over the holidays, but I had a bad cold/flu so I sat home and kept the dogs company. My old truck is sitting outside with 3 broken brake lines. Bleeders won't come out, so it'll need new brake cylinders too. It's been too darn cold to work on it most of the time. Yesterday wasn't bad, but I had to put a new front wheel bearing and hub on the wife's go to work car. Good thing I got at it too, the outer bearing race was in pieces. I hope to get at the truck pretty soon, but I only use it for hauling wood and coyote hunting during the winter. It doesn't fit in my garage very well, and as a truck mechanic, I'm not always thrilled to dig into more mechanical problems when I get home. Other then weekends, when I'm home, it's dark out, but it beats my Saturn Ion with my little trailer for getting wood, so I better get at it soon.
bleeders...get the multifit blue wrench..[torch].heat them bleeders a BIT,,then let sit till cool,,and only use a 6 point socket...more than one,,has come loose this way..then soak it with kroil also...

bleeders...get the multifit blue wrench..[torch].heat them bleeders a BIT,,then let sit till cool,,and only use a 6 point socket...more than one,,has come loose this way..then soak it with kroil also...
New wheel cylinders are only $12 each. 6 point socket still just rounds the corners, the springs are less than 1 1/2" away, there is over 160K on the old ones so it's not worth sticking a lot of energy into them only to have them leaking in awhile at a another inconvenient time. I like to fix things just once, if I can help it.

"multi-fit blue wrench"...I'll have to remember that one. LOL

I hate brakes. Well, I hate working on vehicles period. I'd much rather work on a chainsaw on my bench - but my bench is in an unheated barn and there's freezing rain going on. Just can't make myself go out there.

Back