Ex Davey 97' F450 4x4 chip truck

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you figuring out that Cal. is pretty much nonsense Inc. I remember my old boss telling a prospective hire from Cal. that the only thing he ever saw come out of Cal. was hot rods and queers and that he didn't see any wheels on him.
YOur old boss as an #######. If he said that to me i'd probably give him a 044 enema.

Are you figuring out that Cal. is pretty much nonsense Inc. I remember my old boss telling a prospective hire from Cal. that the only thing he ever saw come out of Cal. was hot rods and queers and that he didn't see any wheels on him.

Hey now, You know fast food was invented and developed in C.A., and is now a worldwide phenomenon? See we do good stuff! How about production framing? all those tract houses? The concept came from right here baby. Oh yeah, let's not forget the film industry, Hollywood made it what it is. I think we invented tree-huggers too! Seriously, though, it sucks ass to be limited in vehicle choices because diesels are obviously better, and the older diesels are better than newer at least for ford. Around here EVERYBODY drives a 3/4 ton diesel, most are lifted and many of the more arrogant drivers actually enjoy the giant clouds of black stinky smoke they can produce by stomping the throttle, this is especially noticeable at stoplights when there is a line of cars behind one of them. Yes, we have hicks too... I think what people don't realize about the CARB laws is that it is a response to a real problem. Just as if you've never seen a giant redwood up close you can't begin to imagine how massive and humbling they are, if you've never pulled into the L.A. basin, you have no idea HOW BAD the smog really is! Most of Ca. has wonderfully fresh air and it's a HUGE state, but the CARB law are being enacted statewide to remedy the major air quality problems of just a handful of counties. These counties contain a majority of the state's population, and industries, so voting and lobbying is skewed toward the needs of the metropolis. I have long felt that C.A. should be two states (like the Carolinas) because everything is so different north to south, and this is one more reason. Don't pity us too much though, it is a great place to live and there are enough trees to go around.

Hey now, did you know that fast food was invented and perfected is C.A., and is now a worldwide phenomenon? See we do good stuff. How about production framing? all those tract houses? Concept was born right here, baby! Don't forget the film industry, all those stupid movies wouldn't exist without Hollywood. I think we also invented tree-huggers. Seriously, though it sucks bigtime having our vehicle choices limited by the nanny state. Deisels are clearly superior and the older diesels are better than newer at least for Ford. Everyone around here has 3/4 ton diesel 4x4's, most are lifted, and many of the more arrogant drivers truly enjoy the giant black cloud of stinky smoke they can produce when they stomp the throttle. This is especially noticeable at stoplights when one of them is at the front of a big line of cars. Yes we have hicks too. I think what people don't realize about the CARB laws is that they are in response to a real problem. Just as, if you've never seen a gigantic redwood up close, you can't begin to imagine how majestic and humbling they are, if you've never pulled into the L.A. basin at sunset, you have no concept of HOW BAD the smog really is. Most of C.A. has wonderfully fresh air and it's a huge state, but the CARB laws are being enacted to address the serious air quality problems of just a handful of counties. These counties have the majority of the state's population and industry, so voting and lobbying is skewed to the need of the metropolis. I have long felt that C.A. should be two states (like the Carolinas) because of the major differences between the north and south and this is one more reason why. Don't feel too bad for us though, it's a great place to live and there are more than enough trees to go around.

Here's some photos of the sides

I had to customize these because the previous owner cut the troop carrier down from 12' to 10'. This truck is a serious gas pig! What I don't understand about the CARB laws is, how is getting 4 miles per gallon in a gas burner better for the planet than getting 8 miles to the gallon in a diesel? I just replaced the plugs, cap & rotor, hoping mpg will improve.

I had to customize these because the previous owner cut the troop carrier down from 12' to 10'. This truck is a serious gas pig! What I don't understand about the CARB laws is, how is getting 4 miles per gallon in a gas burner better for the planet than getting 8 miles to the gallon in a diesel? I just replaced the plugs, cap & rotor, hoping mpg will improve.

That truck wasn't built with MPG's in mind , as a matter of fact most of them never saw asphalt roads except to move from one mud hole to another , they are tough access trucks . But as a owner of one I am sure you kinda already knew that .

Looking good blades, like that ex-military dump

Yeah, I know

I just got back from the gravel quarry. Loaded 10,300#! Hauled it 12 miles up a steep mountain road and dumped it under a giant maple branch where the 10 wheeler couldn't go. My neighbor stopped by in his Tacoma and I showed him the dumper. First thing he said was "What does it get, like 5 mpg?" So I told him we'll go down to the quarry and each haul 10k out in as many trips as it takes, and see who burns more gas.

Got frame, axels, leafs, steps and tool boxes painted up so far, next rims and bumper.

Green pig starting to look better.....

022-1_zpsfd28600e.jpg

016-3_zps47ca6e96.jpg

Got frame, axels, leafs, steps and tool boxes painted up so far, next rims and bumper.

Green pig starting to look better.....

022-1_zpsfd28600e.jpg

016-3_zps47ca6e96.jpg

Bull#### .... Your ass man ..... That's not that old ford mud truck .... You still have the rubber covers on the spring perches .... Or you've been busy making it look nice

Bull#### .... Your ass man ..... That's not that old ford mud truck .... You still have the rubber covers on the spring perches .... Or you've been busy making it look nice

A two year old frame has more pock marks in my area than that 25 year old one does.

A two year old frame has more pock marks in my area than that 25 year old one does.

This exact statement is exactly the reason why trucks will generate different values in different areas of the country. I'm looking at a 1994 F Superduty right now and I will post some pictures. The Kali guys will puke, their 1966 Internationals have less rust but it's really in pretty good shape for our region. I'm looking at an L pack, 12' stake dump, 460, 5 speed, 142,000 miles. Needs a bit of elbow grease but a deal around here for about a grand. This truck in California would go straight to the scrap heap.:laugh:

You got that right on both points. Its not that we don't have rust buckets (they come from the mountains and beaches) they just get bought up by the scrapers. The vast majority of equipment in Cal is completely rust free. That is why guys from NY by my stuff and why we never even bother looking the equipment coming out of the rust belt. There's a very good reason why trucks from NY to Chicago are cheap.

You got that right on both points. Its not that we don't have rust buckets (they come from the mountains and beaches) they just get bought up by the scrapers. The vast majority of equipment in Cal is completely rust free. That is why guys from NY by my stuff and why we never even bother looking the equipment coming out of the rust belt. There's a very good reason why trucks from NY to Chicago are cheap.

Watch your tongue man , that'll be enough bad mouthing our trucks , is that why you wanna rape us for what you are trying to sell ? Just kidding ......... But really ......

Brother I'm not "trying" to sell anything. I sell, and there is a good reason why. Even after I explain why you still can't hear it, I can't help that.

Latest posts

Back