Expensive "face cord"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice try, I guess. But still wishful thinking. The symbol is shorthand for "United States". Thats's us, down south here. Unless you want to join us. :ices_rofl: I could see how the Brits didn't want you to pilfer the "pound", but try to be original.

If you folk have to plagiarize, try to remember that you print "$ Can", NOT the 'Murican ones. :p

Are we getting picky? Great! I didn't start it..

That folding green stuff people call US dollars is mislabelled as well, it is a debt instrument due to the private federal reserve bank, an IOU, yet another variant of the same tired old scam commercial paper dodges.

Sweet con for them, they get to print up or digitally create these debt instruments, loan them into existence and charge interest on them..which can only be repaid with more of their own created debt instruments. This falls under "lather, rinse, repeat"...Therefore, it is technically impossible for the US people to ever not be in debt.

The only real Constitutionally valid currency units being produced today are the various metals eagles, silver and gold. etc. The Federal Reserve Act is not a valid true amendment, and no where is it listed that the congress can abrogate official duties to coin money used in lawful commerce.

It has never been tested in the supreme court, but that is my opinion, the fed act fails it..

Didja know that "$" means "US dollar"? All other dollars need specification. Like, Canadian, Australian, whatever. Doh.

Back when they took a "U" and an "S" and overlapped them. The others are on their own here.

Only in the US does the "$" mean US dollar. The only other country in the world whose currency is US Dollars is Liberia. Congratulations!

Non US citizens just try there best to help the ignorant in your borders to understand what currency we speak of when discussing something in a futile attempt to avoid confusion, but seems that don't work either.

What are the dimensions of that "crate". (Dandy crate BTW, does it come too?)

A double stack 4' long and 4' high would make a face, it looks a little short of 4' though.

Pretty sure you don't get to keep the crate. Be a pretty good deal if it was included. Next time I dive by I will measure.

Seller can charge whatever if he called it the MEGAbundle, Truckbuster, or somesuch. Facecord invites scrutiny as a quasi-measure.

*Note to self, trademark term MEGAbundle and invest in odd-sized, non-uniform containers for retailing said quantities. If called to trial: Litigator asks define MEGA...say means same as wicked lotta in New England or heaps in Illinois. Then obfuscate on semantics. (A really confusing, obfuscating person, in a moment of clarity, told me that obfuscate means to deliberatley mislead).

Are we getting picky? Great! I didn't start it..

That folding green stuff people call US dollars is mislabelled as well, it is a debt instrument due to the private federal reserve bank, an IOU, yet another variant of the same tired old scam commercial paper dodges.

Sweet con for them, they get to print up or digitally create these debt instruments, loan them into existence and charge interest on them..which can only be repaid with more of their own created debt instruments. This falls under "lather, rinse, repeat"...Therefore, it is technically impossible for the US people to ever not be in debt.

The only real Constitutionally valid currency units being produced today are the various metals eagles, silver and gold. etc. The Federal Reserve Act is not a valid true amendment, and no where is it listed that the congress can abrogate official duties to coin money used in lawful commerce.

It has never been tested in the supreme court, but that is my opinion, the fed act fails it..

Nice rant, but the original statement was that the unit of money involved originated in the US as the dollar, identified by the symbol "$", and that folks like Canada and Australia have appropriated it as their own in addition to the unit naming. :p

Nothing at all picky about pointing out intellectual laziness, as in references to "US$", which is a tautology. A redundancy, as in "UPS Service" Or "REA Express" back when. The dollar sign is crystal-clear shorthand for "United States". Next they'll be appropriating the superposed "N" and "Y" originally devised for FDNY then adopted by our Yankees.

Maybe we should charge our northern neighbors a couple percent licensing-fee? :ices_rofl: Check out how MicroSoft reacts to any perceived piracy of their product labels, even "Lindows" got their panties in a total bunch.

technically, it's not price gouging since no one is being forced to buy it out of need. they can put a $1,000 price tag on it if they felt like it.

also, the sign does not say it's a face cord or give any size at all. you're paying for a crate of wood, period.

so, it comes down to how much is some one willing to pay for wood? if i ever had to buy wood, i would simply turn the thermostat up. for all the years i have been burning i have never paid for wood.

one has to consider when cutting, hauling, splitting, stacking and all the equipment and time involved in the process no longer makes any sense. i have turned down some good wood because the distance to drive and the use of gasoline to get it didn't warrant the haul. most people don't have chainsaws, or trucks or trailers, nor the time or experience to cut wood, so they buy it, thinking they're beating the system.

with the price of natural gas dropping, they really need to reconsider.

just my opinion

Hmmm. Price gouging? It's not like people are at the store, panicking for end-of-the-world supplies. If you don't like the price, move on (rhetorically speaking). Other area stores may be complicit in PRICE FIXING, but only a demand shock and subsequent (potentially exponential) price hike could truly be considered GOUGING. Natural price discovery will occur at some point or the store will sit on the wood for a very long time, thus becoming seasoned and, therefore, more desirable. ;)

ouch! gotta call that price gouging for sure! It doesn't pay to lay on the couch! I bet it isn't seasoned either.

Thanks

If I could get natural gas here I would choose to not burn wood. Many of my coworkers pay roughly $100/month all year to the gas company and this covers their heating bill for the winter months.

If I could heat my place for $1,200/yr and not have to drag cut split stack burn wood, I would go for it!

Nice rant, but the original statement was that the unit of money involved originated in the US as the dollar, identified by the symbol "$", and that folks like Canada and Australia have appropriated it as their own in addition to the unit naming. :p

Nothing at all picky about pointing out intellectual laziness, as in references to "US$", which is a tautology. A redundancy, as in "UPS Service" Or "REA Express" back when. The dollar sign is crystal-clear shorthand for "United States". Next they'll be appropriating the superposed "N" and "Y" originally devised for FDNY then adopted by our Yankees.

Maybe we should charge our northern neighbors a couple percent licensing-fee? :ices_rofl: Check out how MicroSoft reacts to any perceived piracy of their product labels, even "Lindows" got their panties in a total bunch.

Yeah but you got the "$"symbol from the Spanish.

Latest posts

Back