EZ TACH+, reading 029Super

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is no max/min feature on this tach.
After watching the video I was still wondering what the max. rpms were.
That's what I would want a tach. for. I'm confused as to what this tach. is telling you.

Max rpm is 20,000

I was holding the tach with one hand and recording with the phone with the other in this last video of the 7311 so I didn't have another hand for the throttle.:smile:

This last video was just to see the distance from saw that the tach picked up signal wireless. Using a tach altogether is all new to me so I'm still trying to figure out the wireless part of it. Seems to working out OK I guess, I don't have another tach to compare it to.

Max rpm is 20,000
I meant the max. rpm that the saw achieves. That's the info. I would be looking for with a tach. to verify the manuf. spec. against what my ears were telling me when tuning.
I saw that 290 read 13,800, or so, for a second but I would have expected to see a few readings in the time that you had the throttle open in order to get a better idea of average rpm at max throttle. That, or a max rpm stored on the tach. that I could look to.
I've never used a tach. so I don't really know what to expect from them. That's why I've been following this thread and others.

Sorry, you had me confused a bit. As far as what the specs are on the 7311, I haven't even looked it up, I'm going to do another test on it with the wire and find the specs to it.

The 029Super was running lean on that first video as it reached over 14k and max for that saw should be 13,500. The 440 I also have not come around to get the rpm specs either, but max rpm should be around the 13k as well and I think the max I got out of it was 13,800. I'm always scared to throw the throttle in fast so never get a consistant reading. I need more time playing with this toy. I'm glad I have at at least this way I know for sure if my saws are running lean.

I don't know what other tachs do in the couple secs on full throttle so I can't compare the reading, if it should jump around some. Do other tachs throw more numbers in those couple secs?:dunno:

you may be banging the dolly against the limiter. that will make my tach do similar things. i just start it rich and gradually increase the rpms until it starts bouncing and then back off just a touch.

Latest posts

Back