Fabz build thread poll

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will Frank/Fabz do a build thread?

• Yes

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • No

Votes: 41 95.3%

• Total voters

cuinrearview

Red saw lover
Reaction score
So, here it is folks. Finally. Frank says he's "considering" doing a build thread. Will we get a glimpse inside the cauldron of performance?
I’m not making any claims that my builds are the “be all end all” of performance at all ... I’m just working thru the STIHL Pro lineup one saw at a time ; running stock , then muffler modded , then intake work (and machining adapters to allow more flow when applicable) and finally flow-enhancements to the jug and slug ; and recording each step in the same wood with same chain ... if a particular mod does not pan out I go back until it does ... again one step at a time ... I think the final product works well ! Considerably quicker cutting vs stock and the fuel consumption is excellent ! Have run saws by many known builders and they ran well but became frustrated with being outta gas and STIHL having 1/2 tank of oil left ! I’m not running my saws 6 hrs a day / 6 days a week like some here but when called upon my saws produce ... like I said before ... I and a helper (2 men) running these flow-enhanced saws can equal or in some cases outperform 3 men running stock saws - Owning 2-hot woods saw is cheaper than owning 3 stockers and only have to split the take between 2 instead of 3 men ! Do ya get my logic sir ? I don’t need to “port saws” for a living and quite frankly can make considerably MORE $ RUNNING them than I could “enhancing” them ! That being said I’m considering doing a build thread with the new 462c - I’ve seen what gains others are making and believe I can exceed them while delivering superior run-time per tank .. we shall see the finished product soon enough my friend and will let the members of the forum be the judge ! Not a few “hecklers” with an axe to grind !!!

These are the EXACT details we can all hope to glean from a good thread on his methods.

He won`t show us any details, after all he has worked on one of each model in his lineup and is now an expert on them, you have to pay to see his modifications.

@cuinrearview dont even get me started

This is me every time he posts.:cold:

Trent’s Brain: “this is futile..... it will do no good....just ignore it.”

5-6 BS posts later ..... :blob2:

Me every time I see franks posts.
156erb2bkwv11.gif

Latest posts

Back