Factory test ran

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huskyboy

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
all chainsaws and a lot of power equipment comes from the factory test ran, it often sits on shelves for quite a while, do manufacturers just use ethanol free to get around problem of bad gas?

Wow some interesting stuff, huh so brands like stihl Echo and husky use there brand premix fuels and hook up to machine? So this explains why the fuel tank smells a bit like gas in brand new unopened chainsaws?

Wow some interesting stuff, huh so brands like stihl Echo and husky use there brand premix fuels and hook up to machine? So this explains why the fuel tank smells a bit like gas in brand new unopened chainsaws?
I've owned (2) NIB STIHL saws. Neither smelled like fuel......at all.
Same goes for the NIB blower.
They hook the carb up to a fuel source.
Fuel never touches the tank

I sell Stihl equipment and have seen several units come in with fuel in the primer bulb and residual fuel/vapor in the tank...

Do you think stihl might do it differently? My new sealed husqvarna 545 smelled like fuel along with my new Echo, both were unopened in factory boxes. It definitely smelled different than pump gas though.

A lot, lol. I can only remember seeing one or two and I've sold hundreds of units. But they definitely had motomix in the fuel tank/system. I figure they pull one off the line occasionally and fire them up for QC...
STIHL sends me emails all the time (as I'm sure they do many consumers) and they had a video embedded. The video was a basic step by step process on unit assembly. They showed hooking a fuel source up to the unit's carburetor while being held in some sort of fixture.
But you're right, I bet they do pull a few before being boxed up and headed out.

Latest posts

Back