Fair asking price for a ms260 pro?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lowhog

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I have this nice limbing saw I'm thinking of selling. What would be a fair asking price on it? Had it out cutting yesterday and today. It fires right up and runs and idles very nice. Still has the sticker on the front. I purchased the saw five years ago and used it for backup and limbing sometimes. I have a new spare air filter and the only repair on the saw was a new recoil pulley. The original pulley cracked.DSCN2739.JPG DSCN2740.JPG DSCN2741.JPG DSCN2742.JPG

It's looking pretty clean. Potentially could be worth around $325. More if you sold it on eBay.

If you can get a compression reading that really helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just did a search on eBay with the sold filter. Prices are $250 - $450. I only included the prices for saws which look as good or better than this one.

Sent using mental telepathy.

My gut sense: I would buy it for $240 shipped and I don't even need it. Up to $50 over that would be reasonable for a buyer who is actively looking for one. More than that is eBay/CL luck, timing, and if you can find the right buyer.

Last time there was a spat of 026s they all went around 300. There were 024s sold for 225 plus shipping not long ago. Condition of this saw isn't perfect, but it's very good.

Ebay will nail you for 10% plus what 2% for paypal. So I'm guessing if I list it here 275.00- 300.00 plus shipping that would be fair.I can do a compression test tomorrow.

Ebay will nail you for 10% plus what 2% for paypal. So I'm guessing if I list it here 275.00- 300.00 plus shipping that would be fair.I can do a compression test tomorrow.
That would be very fair. I made the mistake of posting a mint MS360 on eBay BEFORE posting here and I sold it for $340 but lost $34 plus the PayPal. At least with a private sale you can do friends and family on PayPal and not get slammed.

If selling on here or other forums and Facebook I always use PayPal. Even eBay always PayPal. Protection for all involved. I don't trust a money orders.

My ms260 was pretty much mint. I sold it for $400 with three bars and chains and other extras. I got lucky though I still miss it.

If it was mine I would not take less than $300 for it. If you clean it up it may bring more.

There has been plenty of low balls as well. We are deeming worth, not what the bottom dollar we would like to pay. If this saw was put up at $240 there would be a mad dash for it.

Latest posts

Back