Fair price for 3 years old Huskee 22 ton?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quadrafire2

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
What would be a fair price for the 22 ton Huskee, used 3 years old?

The new ones are $1099 at TSC. Is it possible that the older models had a bigger engine 6.5HP vs now 5.5HP? Does it make a difference in splitting power? I think they used to cost $1500.

I almost bought a new Brave SR0622 but came across a used Huskee.

Thanks

Thanks guys.

Then why the older models had higher HP engines?

I do not think the seller would agree to $600/700. Would you recommend a new Brave SR0622 or the used Huskee for $800?

I don't think the 22 Ton ever went for $1,500. It has been in the $1,000 to $1,100 range for a while.

If it is in good shape I'm thinking $600 to $700 is fair for a 3 year old machine.

OK thanks.

:) ha ha, reminds me of the day when Ford was caught on wrong HP on their GTs, I think it was in the early 90s... I had a 1992 GT.

Now its back to drawing board... I either have to drive 2 hours to get a new Huskee from TSC ~1200 with tax or order the Brave SR0622 for $1300. I am just puzzled by the difference in price, $300 more, for the VH0622:confused: Is it worth the extra money for under 10 cords a year? Could not find any reviews on the SR model anywhere.

$1100 on the web site. It would have to be pristine for $800 @ 3 years old.

http://www.tractorsupply.com/outdoo...itters/huskee-reg-22-ton-log-splitter-1032822

HP might be because of new emissions standards, or might be the same engine but a lower advertised HP because they got caught fudging the numbers a few years ago, so ALL numbers are down lately. IIRC, I think it was B&S that got caught.

Thanks guys.

Mine is a little less than one year old and has a 6.5 Briggs. If you are saying the Huskee 22 ton that you are looking at is 3 years old and has a 6.5 HP then I don't see what has changed. Where are you getting the info that older models had higher HP?

Anyway, all that said, there are many satisified users of the 22 ton Huskee, it's not a timberwolf or iron and oak, etc, but its a lot of bang for the buck. I've been happy with mine.

If you look at the Speeco site they specify the HP to be 5.5.

Yes, I have been doing lots of reading on this subject, the only issue I see with the Huskee is the small footing that holds the log, do you have to push and hold the log in position in the vertical setting?

Thanks

Mine is a little less than one year old and has a 6.5 Briggs. If you are saying the Huskee 22 ton that you are looking at is 3 years old and has a 6.5 HP then I don't see what has changed. Where are you getting the info that older models had higher HP?

Anyway, all that said, there are many satisified users of the 22 ton Huskee, it's not a timberwolf or iron and oak, etc, but its a lot of bang for the buck. I've been happy with mine.

around 600

I just bought a used 22 ton brave that still had the paint on the beam for $600. I think that is about what they are worth...good luck.

Thanks guys.

I do not think the seller would agree to $600/700. Would you recommend a new Brave SR0622 or the used Huskee for $800?

The horsepower has gone up, not down. Used to be a 6 h.p. Briggs and before that we used a 5. Now it is a 6.5 h.p Briggs. Price has never been $1500 at TSC as far as a I know.

Thanks Kevin at SpeeCo

Last edited:
Thanks guys, I bought the Brave 22 Ton new, works great. The Briggs engine is a bit loud though, but very easy to start.

Latest posts

Back