Fall

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since I have not seen any response, I did. Sort of funny.
We had a contract with an HOA to prune @ 1000 Dracaena Palm. A "Limb?" I was tied in @ 8 feet broke; I feel onto a Soft Green Lawn. No Bigge.
However, I did get the Wind knocked out of me...You know like when you make all kinds of weird noises attempting to Breath. While attempting live, I heard Pounding and Screaming @ 12 feet in front of me.
It was the Homeowner telling me to "Get the ****" off my Lawn. 5 minutes later, "Back Up."
I have never cut myself or been injured in 40 years of Tree Work. Though I have had 9 Surgeries for "Soft Tissue" issues.

O
We had a contract with an HOA to prune @ 1000 Dracaena Palm. A "Limb?" I was tied in @ 8 feet broke; I feel onto a Soft Green Lawn. No Bigge.
However, I did get the Wind knocked out of me...You know like when you make all kinds of weird noises attempting to Breath. While attempting live, I heard Pounding and Screaming @ 12 feet in front of me.
It was the Homeowner telling me to "Get the ****" off my Lawn. 5 minutes later, "Back Up."
I have never cut myself or been injured in 40 years of Tree Work. Though I have had 9 Surgeries for "Soft Tissue" issues.
Ouch! Help me to understand what happened. You were tied into a palm frond? You had an srt line over the top?
Thankfully In 14 years of climbing i have not fallen from a tree. That said I have seen an experienced climbers srt line slip from the top of a washingtonia palm. He caught himself with his lanyard.

I have never cut myself or been injured in 40 years of Tree Work. Though I have had 9 Surgeries for "Soft Tissue" issue

Homeowners like that need a late delivery of tree stumps in there future.

I did around 99, I was pretty new and didn’t know about brittleness of white pine. Broke the saw’s brake handle with my butt, and bruised my ego.
Fall was probably 12 feet or so.

Made a stronger habit of bounce testing my tie in points after that.

Latest posts

Back