falling apples

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raven48

Reaction score
I have two trees, one of which is a Macintosh. Last year, I
sprayed them with cygon 2-e and a dormant oil spray (before budding) and with (WILSON) FRUIT TREE SPRAY after.

And again ,for the third year in a row, 95% of my apples fell from the trees after growimg to 3\4" in width.

This year I repeated this process without cygon 2e and the dormant oil. One of them didn't loose any fruit, the other (the Macintosh), again, lost 90% of it's fruit.

The lost apples seem to have gained a yellowish taint and the end of the stem looks all dried up. I also noticed brown spots on the leaves.

Can someone clarify or explain what's happening and what the proper spraying procedure is?

I live in Quebec, Canada by the way...

Excuse me if my English isn't up to par... ;)

edit: spelling... ;)

Last edited:
How old are the trees? I use a copper and oil spray prior to budbrake , then 2 weeks later use a fruit tree mix and again 2 weeks later another friut tree mix, and again 2 weeks later , friut tree mix, and again 2 weeks later , and again 2 weeks later , then 1 month spray the mix and again a month after that. then in september use a soap or oil for the last spray. JPM My mix is Nova , Dithane and Astro and a sticker and i drop the Dithane for the last 3 apps.

Latest posts

Back