Falling pics 11/25/09

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well here's a picture of a crazy dude with some kind of damn-fool look on his face, lol.

198210_10150104478305887_513110886_6934262_6701762_n.jpg

Yes, oak. Was fun that day.

Should be more fun when we move to the south slope - all pine there.

For now we are staying on the north slope and then possibly moving down into the valley bottom and getting the big hardwood.

That picture was more ridgetop timber just before it starts dropping off.

It's a looooooonnnggg slope too.

Nice pic Jameson. Looks like fun man! The ground with no snow sure looks wierd. Still at least a foot on the ground up here.

Jameson, ya got that crazy look in your eye. . . Put the saw on the ground and step away. :dribble:

Breathing too much saw-gas fumes, lol

Nice pic Jameson. Looks like fun man! The ground with no snow sure looks wierd. Still at least a foot on the ground up here.

It's good experience. I'm ready to get into the pine. Steeper and more handfalling.

[video=youtube;f7kvbqxUIsQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7kvbqxUIsQ[/video]

Jameson must be making up for my high stumps, too. Damn old historical rock walls, anyway.

And, yeah I was chasing the hinge on a heavy leaner. Never did catch it.:)

Last edited:
[video=youtube;f7kvbqxUIsQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7kvbqxUIsQ[/video]

Jameson must be making up for my high stumps, too. Damn old historical rock walls, anyway.

And, yeah I was chasing the hinge on a heavy leaner. Never did catch it.:)

good vid. give it a shave and call it good.

Took the biggest tree I've ever felled yesterday, a pine that was about 170 years old.

The bar on my saw is 24", for comparison.

dsc00531yn.jpg

Standing on it to limb it, about a metre and a half from the tree to the ground where I'm standing.

dsc00533ax.jpg

Bucking the bastard:

dsc00535.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back