Falling pics 11/25/09

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been studying my commercial drivers liscense. Book most of today.

Too bad the DMV couldnt make the books into some kind of gravy you can pour into your head. That stuff is overly dry and very boring. I really cant remember jack about the CDL book, or the test for that matter. I know milk tankers dont have baffles in them, dont need butter after a weeks drive. Good luck on the the liscense Glen.

Ya. The fuel Truck has baffles. It's part time work. If I can pass the hazardous part of the test. As it is I can't even drive my own dump truck to gravel my own lot without a CDL. Plus the Guy I'm doing the r.o.w. cutting for has a good size dirt outfit. Needs a fill in gravel hack driver sometimes.
Definitely not looking to sit on my a$$ full time to make a living. Maybe when I get old tho.

Well back to the book. Got 2 tests to take today.

Last edited:
Well I'm not gonna be driving a fuel truck any time soon. But I got my Class B permit. So I got to make stumps today.
IMG_20120810_164702.jpg
IMG_20120810_095240.jpg
. The boss has an SDM4 so the Tramp gets to run Sharp chains.
These White Spruce are kindof fuzz balls.

First time I've run Oregon 52 AJ in around 20 years. It cuts good and is very forgiving as to old bars. Was running an old 3 rivet tip 32" on my 372 . 7 tooth rim.
I was going to run the boss's 288 small filter but a clutch shoe broke on it in the shop.

Last edited:
Making a living on your ass is not for the faint of heart Tramp! Haha.

This was one of those wtf to do situations. Tree in the rear with busted top is marked. Busted top in near tree. The near tree on the left is leaning towards the busted top, but I figured about all it would do was glance off or make a bigger mess for me. So I faced the one with the busted top towards me and let the near tree pull everything over. As you can see that top was crotched in there pretty tight.
attachment.php

attachment.php

700bf Ash. Nice lookin butt for the swamp.
attachment.php

The fill bottles. Silver-water. Green-mix. Red-oil. The rings are threaded on my wedge belt.
attachment.php

Two pocket carpenter pouch. Used a small bolt to snug up the big pocket, which also made a nice little pocket for a pencil and bar wrench. Extra chain in the bottom pocket. Everything is tied and snapped in. Amazing how quickly things get lost in the woods. Yep brand new shiny wedges. I've never tried the blue ones.
attachment.php

View attachment 248265
View attachment 248266
View attachment 248267
View attachment 248268
View attachment 248269

I was thinning trees out of Petersburg in 84 when I learned the definition to the Norwegian word Ufda.
Boss told me it was what you say when you pour bar oil in the fuel tank on your saw.
I know a Guy who mixed up his water bottle and his fuel bottle once he threw up for about 12 hours.

Funny home video!

Cutting for a mechanized logging crew there. I was supposed to lay the trees uphill for a harvester to reach the tops and pull them up. Ok, there's a birch leaning downhill and a small spruce attached tight to it. I had them jacked good (a power line beneath) and was just tapping a wedge in as I heard something. You can see it on the video, but I didn't know what it was and I definitely didn't stay there to find out...

[video=youtube;CPYLfjlYCIQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPYLfjlYCIQ&feature=youtu.be[/video]

We need more falling pics in this falling pics thread, unfortunately I cant help because the only recent photo I have I'm not even cutting but I'm about to (classic camera battery failure, right before the good stuff)

Cutting timber at a friends house for him to mill and build with:

IMGP0009-4.jpg

Happy cutting everybody!

We need more falling pics in this falling pics thread, unfortunately I cant help because the only recent photo I have I'm not even cutting but I'm about to (classic camera battery failure, right before the good stuff)

Cutting timber at a friends house for him to mill and build with:

IMGP0009-4.jpg

Happy cutting everybody!

That chain looks like it wants to come off and hit you in the schnutz next time you wrap it up

Thats how I usually run my chains so I can pry it back on the bar without taking the clutch cover off if it throws, of course it probably wouldn't throw as much if I kept it tighter but thats a whole nother story :)

Latest posts

Back