Falling pics 11/25/09

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn ol son, that's you up there?
nice job, might have to come over this week or next some time and shoot the bull with ya, plus I got so damn much rabbit I might need to unload a couple more ;)

A good stump. Opening up the line so I had to tap wedges some
IMG_20120814_094636.jpg

That's brilliant!

IMG_20120814_104602.jpg
.oops. I wish that wouldn't have happened. Huskies are prone to this.

I feel it for you, Glen. Split another Husky clutch cover just two months ago. Spare part was € 95 (approx. $115)! Is this made of gold, I asked. I hope you'll get it covered cheaper, though.

IMG_20120815_112625.jpg
.ya its not too big a timber, but it sure is limby.

Looks a lot like stuff we got plenty of where I come from. Yes, I overheard you guys talking about doing 8-10 trunks per hour. Tree envy...

Hell, if I'd known you had mad climbing skills, I would have had you up here doing a few for me!:laugh:

You get the Bar Shop?

Yup, got it a few other goodies. :msp_biggrin:

Still working on your "thing". . . As usual, I've taken a relatively simple concept, and made it way more complicated. :rolleyes2:

Cody has mad climbing skills -- I have something closer to madcow disease skills! :laugh:

Samlock ; I was thinking this is a lot like your timber. I know this will prolly get me tramped of this thread, but I cheated on the limbing of the stuff under 10" on the stump. I used my little Jonnyred 2150 with an 18" bar. I just couldn't see the sense using a bushlin saw with a 32" bar for des fuzzing them. Too skinny for walking up and down them anyway. The bigger trees I used the 372 then 064 on.
I'm not catty enough anymore to walk back and forth on 2 1/2" diameter poles. The better logs will be saw logs the poles and cull will go Firewood.
IMG_20120815_105527.jpg

IMG_20120813_101028.jpg

Last edited:
If you keep climbing, you won't be chubby fer long Glen! That's a workout! :msp_ohmy:

I also learned the importance of a water bottle in the tree with you when it's 90+° out, while you're climbing and working up a tree.

I was sweating so hard my shirt was soaked. . . Had to climb down and chug lots of water as I was feeling dehydrated like a big dog. :frown:

Then back up again! Screw gym memberships, people need to buy some spurs and climb! :hmm3grin2orange:

Samlock ; I was thinking this is a lot like your timber. I know this will prolly get me tramped of this thread, but I cheated on the limbing of the stuff under 10" on the stump. I used my little Jonnyred 2150 with an 18" bar. I just couldn't see the sense using a bushlin saw with a 32" bar for des fuzzing them. Too skinny for walking up and down them anyway. The bigger trees I used the 372 then 064 on.
I'm not catty enough anymore to walk back and forth on 2 1/2" diameter poles. The better logs will be saw logs the poles and cull will go Firewood.

IMG_20120813_101028.jpg

No question one of the best below -40 winter saws I've ever had.

By the way, that's not the angle I like to look at a loaded gun.

You keep a round of birdshot in that?

No, that's my wake up round. A 250 grain @1200 f.p.s.. A nice mild load, the rest are 335 grain w.f.n.cast @ 1100 fps.
I can load them hotter but then its harder to hold on to if my hands are tired.
Thats why I don't shoot a 500 S+W.
Ain't worth much if it gets away from you.

Helicopter driver friend of mine used to work for AK Helicopters.

He had a S&W SS .45 &.357. Sure was fun popping those off.

I worked near Hope Ak 1 yr. We were given an H&H.475 to carry around. Never could find a kid to pack it for us so we left it at camp.

You are prolly right. Just knew I wasn't going to pack that thing around.

Doing a USFS thing. Mostly inventory.

We never saw a bear, just lots of moose.

Latest posts

Back