Falling pics 11/25/09

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would expect more bears near Hoonah.

I lived on Turnagain Pass.

That particular district has ground on Afognak Island. I passed on that trip because my sweetie came to visit so I took vacation.

If I worked near Hoonah I would damn sure hire me a kid to pack that 375.

I was wondering about birdshot because anything else seems to make a mess of the occassional bird that might wander by the unit.

Not that any of us would shoot one without a license.

Yeah, long ago we used to shoot at grouse off horseback with a 30.30

Hell, we even hit one every now & then.

Great saddle rifle. Just need to put a little arc in it after 100yds or so.

I worked with a woman in AK. Boss was a lady.

Just asked my work partner to tell me when the bears would Really like her. It was all good. All extremeties still intact & functional.

A couple pics from last Saturday
August2012010.jpg

Getting things ready.
August2012022.jpg

Starting up.
August2012047.jpg
.going up.
August2012072.jpg

IMG_20120818_121357.jpg

IMG_20120818_122608.jpg
Took me 2hours 20 min.

Glen I dont want to bust your bubble or anything. But that first pic, the one were your spurred up towards the base. The tree is skinnier than you are man.

Looking good though. Gotta love trees right next to houses. That would be way too easy.

:cheers:

They can be a little tricky. Not look so tall from the ground but once your up in the sucker. Well thats a different bang. Hoped the paid you good for your work. Ive dealt with a few folks after I quoted them a price. Get the sucker limbed, topped and chunked down. Hand me half of what I quoted.

They can be a little tricky. Not look so tall from the ground but once your up in the sucker. Well thats a different bang. Hoped the paid you good for your work. Ive dealt with a few folks after I quoted them a price. Get the sucker limbed, topped and chunked down. Hand me half of what I quoted.

Workman's lein on the house.

I went about it in more an #sshole way. Left them the total mess to clean up. Yes it might be a bad wrap for me. But if I quote someone a price before I do the work and shake their hand. Its bad on their end.

Looking forward to the vid Glen. Keep it up pard.

I removed 9 trees from around a "gentleman's" house a few years back, two of which had a deck built around them. When I had everything done and cleaned up I called him, as requested. He told me that he had no intention of paying me, that the price we had agreed on was outrageous, and he would never pay that much to someone of my stature (I still haven't figured that one out, heck I'm almost 6').
This was his second home, he lived about 600 miles from here. I told him that if I didn't have the cash in my hand by dark the next day, I would cut every remaining tree on his sprawling 2 acres and leave the mess for him to pay someone else to clean up. The next day when I came home my wife handed me an envelope full of cash. He had his neighbor bring it to me.
Then there was the time that I wound up in court over a very similar situation. Turns out that it's illegal to tell someone what you're going to do if they don't do what they said. :dizzy: :laugh:
I don't care much for "gentlemen".

Andy

They did pay great. I do have a problem knowing how to guote prices. But they definatly made it worth my while. The wife was the photographer and vidiographer. I need to get the video transferred

Quoting prices is easy.
A customer asked me one day how I came up with a price on a hazard tree. I told him I walk around it 3 times looking it over. While I'm doing that I'm thinking what my butt is worth on that particular day. Then I start thinking about what the chances are that something will go wrong and I'll loose my butt falling out of that tree is. I then multiply the value of my butt by the % chance I'll loose my butt, the sum of which is your price.
My problem was realisticly figuring the chance of loosing my butt. :laugh:

Andy

Nobody wants to pay for good quality work anymore.

Like today...

I said, "$750 to fall, limb, and buck, and my sub will load and haul off the brush."
"Oh no, that's way too high."
"Okay, see ya."

The guy smelled like a bastard.

Nobody wants to pay for good quality work anymore.

Like today...

I said, "$750 to fall, limb, and buck, and my sub will load and haul off the brush."
"Oh no, that's way too high."
"Okay, see ya."

The guy smelled like a bastard.

Aye, aye, aye. It's most important skill of falling to know when it's time to walk away.

In the case of the "gentleman" I would have told him I would burn his damn house down if he didn't pay.

A man whose word is no good is simply taking good air from someone else, IMHO.

Latest posts

Back