Falling pics 11/25/09

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike made a good looking stump ,lot nicer than most i see in clear cuts around here ,and tree went where he wanted ,mission accomplished :cheers:

This is a little harsh:beat_brick:

Dooby, I apologize. No harshness was intended towards either you or mike. Just remember, if I'm talking, there's a decent chance I'm kidding around. Looked like pro work to me, as have his other vids.

:cheers:

Was that a Dutchman or were you cleaning up the face? I'm thinking no, unless there was something more important than that fence on the other side that we couldn't see.

Well the power lines were about 6' to the right of that tree also. The house was 30' to the left. All 4 hit within 2' of where I wanted.

I wish I had the video of the other poplar. It was taller and made a good thud when it hit. It was 57' to the fork in it.

Thanks for the kind words. I guess that's not too bad for a welder and firewood hack:givebeer:

Well the power lines were about 6' to the right of that tree also. The house was 30' to the left. All 4 hit within 2' of where I wanted.

I wish I had the video of the other poplar. It was taller and made a good thud when it hit. It was 57' to the fork in it.

Thanks for the kind words. I guess that's not too bad for a welder and firewood hack:givebeer:

OKEEDOKEE!!! Here is your beer!:cheers:

you got's big kahunas ,didn't know was close to a house ,to be safe i may have left a 2 inch hinge and pushed it over with a wedge ,not being there i'm not to say ,must have been enough lean you were confident they were going where they went ,its amazing how strait a tree will stay aimed with a good hinge,i do stuff like this though ,so who am i to say :msp_biggrin:View attachment 305242

Last edited:
you got's big kahunas ,didn't know was to a house ,to be safe i may have left a 2 inch hinge and pushed it over with a wedge ,not being there i'm not to say ,must have been enough lean you were confident they were going where they went ,its amazing how strait a tree will stay aimed with a good hinge,i do stuff like this though ,so who am i to say :msp_biggrin:View attachment 305242

and no one is ever around and you just new you didn't need that extra bar or saw:hmm3grin2orange: Only 'cause yer not alone:cheers:

you got's big kahunas ,didn't know was close to a house ,to be safe i may have left a 2 inch hinge and pushed it over with a wedge ,not being there i'm not to say ,must have been enough lean you were confident they were going where they went ,its amazing how strait a tree will stay aimed with a good hinge,i do stuff like this though ,so who am i to say :msp_biggrin:View attachment 305242

wedges would have prevented this. jus sayin.

wedges would have prevented this. jus sayin.

they were on the bobcat ,little gust of wind blew it back ,i went up to the shop grabbed another bar ,nipped the back and finished with the wedges ,that bar and chain lived ,i still use it ,when i felt it pushing back tried to power out ,i got as far as you see it and pinch

Just to lighten the mood I found a pre-AS stump in the woods and took a picture. In the background you can also see some of my prize concrete work:cheers:

View attachment 305243

I've got 2 of those in the lot behind us. The neighbors cut 2 dead poplars with the slopping back cut while they had them hooked to a truck. I was at work and the wife watched to see if they were going to kill themselves.

Even better considering the pressure. Power lines and houses are off limits for me. I get nervous about fences:bowdown:

Even better considering the pressure. Power lines and houses are off limits for me. I get nervous about fences:bowdown:

I'll try to out and get a picture from the front looking towards the house. They were all well within reach of the house.

they were on the bobcat ,little gust of wind blew it back ,i went up to the shop grabbed another bar ,nipped the back and finished with the wedges ,that bar and chain lived ,i still use it ,when i felt it pushing back tried to power out ,i got as far as you see it and pinch

I only fall with solid bars now:cry:

well, ya know better now. I like the triple stack culvert. yer idea?

Ya, bridge is 5 yrs old and has had no problems, even had a bogie skidder across it a few times. The triple culvert pyramid just fit the shape of the creek really well and was the easiest way to raise the level of the bridge. My cousin works commercial concrete just down the road in Houston, and loves to bust my chops when he sees that ugly ass bridge, but he was noticeably absent when I was moving 1.3 yds of concrete by hand in the woods! Rebar is kinda like a wedge. It can yelp you out of an ugly situation when used properly:msp_biggrin:

Latest posts

Back