Falling pics 11/25/09

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah, that log is to rough for that kinda money here......less it cleans up alot if ya butt it off. you want to get ya feelins hurt, talk to some of the northern guys lol. they get crazy money for little logs.

Yea ill post a pic of it tomorrow it's laying at the boom awaiting the ride to the mill, it cleaned up slick, what funny is u ain't really gotta clean much up right now as much mud as we got just drag em a couple hundred yards and u couldn't find a knot with magnifying glass!!

they go to an exporter, he will get about 5 grades out of that load. they around 50' long. i tried just selling butts and tops, it averages out better this way. i don't get that impressive butt log load but i don't get any crappy saw logs load either.

Yea ill post a pic of it tomorrow it's laying at the boom awaiting the ride to the mill, it cleaned up slick, what funny is u ain't really gotta clean much up right now as much mud as we got just drag em a couple hundred yards and u couldn't find a knot with magnifying glass!!
lol, yea i wish it just decide to either stay froze or go ahead stay warm so it dry. this freeze thaw cycle evey day is for the birds.

I fine it neat logging is so different bout anywhere u go if I was to haul in tree lenght logs I doubt they would unload me at the mill.

Why don't you guys run Turkey racks instead of hay rack trailers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turkey rack sits in the bunk of a standard long logger for doing short wood, I just meant instead of all the fifth wheel since they don't follow you as well.

How far out are you guys stretching out over there with your pole reaches?

Turkey rack sits in the bunk of a standard long logger for doing short wood, I just meant instead of all the fifth wheel since they don't follow you as well.

not sure im getting your terminolgy....pics?
i always wondered how exactly y'alls trailer works..........looks like it wouldn't turn........two pivot points looks like in the few pics i seen.

e2bfbe4f04b64c2d325f22ff09912905.jpg

West coast short pole trailer.

The bunks are bolted to the frame, the bunks on the truck and trailer both pivot. Inside the reach is what's called a compensator to all extension well turn. I'll look and see if I have a picture of the turkey racks.

Back