Falling pics 11/25/09

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't seen too many guys running 404 other then the 0.80 stuff for the harvesters and it seems like a 3 something.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I like 404. I have a bunch of bars that are too wore out to cut half decent with 3/8s . I'll be able to run a couple/few loops of 404 on them before they need to be turned into machetes or something. That in itself will equal wearing out a brand new bar plus. So that will help offset the cost. Need to pick up another rail closer too

I like 404. I have a bunch of bars that are too wore out to cut half decent with 3/8s . I'll be able to run a couple/few loops of 404 on them before they need to be turned into machetes or something. That in itself will equal wearing out a brand new bar plus. So that will help offset the cost. Need to pick up another rail closer too
Got any art skills? I bet the Californians up there would pay good money for an old bar with some paint on it. A few of my old bars I've made into service mounts to put in the vise for power heads and the harvester auto adjusters.

Got any art skills? I bet the Californians up there would pay good money for an old bar with some paint on it. A few of my old bars I've made into service mounts to put in the vise for power heads and the harvester auto adjusters.

The only saw anything I ever had painted was the 10" circular saw blade that was on my table saw. It cut the end of my left hand index finger off. A friend of mine painted a nice scene with a guy working a table saw and blood spurting out of his finger and the blade. Got it mounted on the main beam of the loft in our cabin.

Finding semi skip on a shelf around here is problematic

Madsen's will spin you up a loop any ol' time. That's where I buy mine. It's my favorite for 28-32" bars. Anything over 32" is full-skip, anything under 28" is full-comp. Also, Madsen's. C'mon, those guys are just the best. Any excuse to go there is a good one.

Madsen's will spin you up a loop any ol' time. That's where I buy mine. It's my favorite for 28-32" bars. Anything over 32" is full-skip, anything under 28" is full-comp. Also, Madsen's. C'mon, those guys are just the best. Any excuse to go there is a good one.
Do they still do buy two for the price of one? Long bars is where that pays off big time.

Heck yeah the 2-for-one is still a thing. Those guys rule. Of course, since I grew up in Centralia and my family still lives there, I have plenty of excuse to roll through. Still, I would anyway. I also love their discount bin. Picked up a pair of new 16" Oregon Powermatch bars in large-mount Husky for $10 each the last time I was there. At that price, who wouldn't?

That place is great. It even smells good in there, like the old time saw shops I remember as a kid.
Dangerous place though. A guy can spend a bunch of money in no time at all.
You start walking up and down the aisles and you'll find all kinds of things you need. Well, maybe need isn't the right word but you'll tell yourself it is.
The safest way to shop in Madsens is to make a list of what you originally came there to buy, throw the list and your credit card in the front door, have the guys fill your order, and pick it up out back at the loading dock. Don't go inside. Keeps the impulse buying to a minimum that way.

Madsen's, Cascade Trader and Ritche Bro's, 3 very bad reasons to avoid Centralia/Chehalis all together. Not to mention wading through Tacoma and Seattle.
But Jim is such a nice guy at Cascade I remember when he was at PBI, Richie Brothers is like hanging a new Chandelier in a haunted house most of the time, Madsen's well it's family owned and one of the few places left that supports the fallers like no one else a good reason to help them out. Seattle and Tacoma I'm lucky being on the South side of that area, but even so traffic heading North from Kelso is getting heavy anymore.

The new interchange at Mellen Street is just surreal. I have no idea what they're up to. Oh, and they STILL insist on new construction in the floodplain near Walmart. What could possibly go wrong?
Kelso and Longview want a bunch of round abouts near industrial way and industrial areas what can go wrong here?

Latest posts

Back