Falling pics 11/25/09

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No cutting this week other then one day been to wet for CT (commercial thinning) for JH managing our first thinnings or their their stand size timber. So the wife decided I'm a paint crew so the beer, chew, and paint is making for an interesting week.
286a56cc73dc22e13f79e2409085439b.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

No cutting this week other then one day been to wet for CT (commercial thinning) for JH managing our first thinnings or their their stand size timber. So the wife decided I'm a paint crew so the beer, chew, and paint is making for an interesting week.
286a56cc73dc22e13f79e2409085439b.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

b105948826be58be83eeff1724268c10.jpg

The 4BT that came out of my Bandit 250 has a bad #1 hole: enter the back up block.

Fingers Crossed.

b105948826be58be83eeff1724268c10.jpg

The 4BT that came out of my Bandit 250 has a bad #1 hole: enter the back up block.

Fingers Crossed.
Thats about what my cat 6 cyl looked like a couple weeks ago ,had it sleeved ,3 of them dropped 3000 miles later ,got to do it again ,its running now for a week with no problems so far ,if it pops again a cummins is going in there .

Thats about what my cat 6 cyl looked like a couple weeks ago ,had it sleeved ,3 of them dropped 3000 miles later ,got to do it again ,its running now for a week with no problems so far ,if it pops again a cummins is going in there .

Cummins is hard to Beat.

this was next to the previous picture, one my older stumps, 6 or more years now? I've cut on this piece I think 5 times now, this is the first time I've done all the logging though. Owner would call me in for the big sketchy stuff, then skid and stack it himself... too old for that now though.

20180126_135041[1].jpg

yuck, that DF has that rot ****.

Phellinus a hard one to avoid in trees 50-80 years of age. Catch 'em younger (the Weyerhaeuser way) or wait 'til the victims shake out, and you can avoid it. Fortunately, it seldom makes it more than a few feet up the butt... though I've seen a few blow up 20 feet off the ground following windstorms. The stain will "develop" over about 24 hrs and should be bright and obvious by morning. I can see the delamination near the pith for an ID; if I could crumble it in my hands the setal hyphae and intracellular pitting would be positive ID.

Latest posts

Back