Falling pics 11/25/09

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Bitz! This was in Vermont, and my buddy Adirondackstihl brought the saws. I set up the face, and he got the honor. The Siz may have been unnecessary, but that tree was leaning right onto the beach, which would have been a cleanup disaster.

BTW, the 461 R is a really nice saw. Felt stronger than the woods ported 066

At 1:15 if the far side holding wood was gone the tree would have tipped. Its very easy to overcut your pull wood and then not get the pull you need to tip the tree. Getting that far side wood cut on a rotten sob is the tough part. Wedges can help. It had some forward lean, you just needed the side to fall in too. Obviously you guys got it where you you wanted, just future reference. The siz cut looked pretty though!

I very much appreciate u'r advice, and actually understand what you are saying. I hope Jeremy doesn't see this, but I wasn't comfortable having him under the lean side any longer than absolutely necessary. Especially on a rotten cottonwood on my property. I had intentionally dutched the gunning cut well past the undercut on the far side from the face. I wanted to let him fall the tree, with minimal danger to him, but have it go where I needed it. Look at me talkin' like I know stuff. I hope old bob misses this poast!

Thanks Bitz! This was in Vermont, and my buddy Adirondackstihl brought the saws. I set up the face, and he got the honor. The Siz may have been unnecessary, but that tree was leaning right onto the beach, which would have been a cleanup disaster.

BTW, the 461 R is a really nice saw. Felt stronger than the woods ported 066

Leprawookie travels to Vermont?

What, no short Story?

The ugliest of the season so far. Logging by a highway, which is about to get wider some of these days.

IMG_6679.JPG

It's a Norwegian Spruce. The picture doesn't show, but the stem forked after few steps. The forwarder operator was standing on the stump and caught me asking, whether he fancies stretching his legs. He passed it. It took three hours to clean up. While the bulldozer unit keeps closing in every minute.

Haven't done any cutting in about three weeks with the heat and break downs but they have us having good saws back in the brush to make dams with the possibility of placing beaver on this job. I'll get some pictures when it's light. Got to love when you're tax dollars are at work.
454d7e10c5577527e4a9cc7045447fe6.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back