Falling pics 11/25/09

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
uploadfromtaptalk1449696047768.jpg
Needed a boat to get into the job this morning.
uploadfromtaptalk1449696138817.jpg
The county ditch blew all to hell yesterday evening and tried to take my driveway with it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

090cf4f2d8cfbf1912b882f7cbfb6710.jpg
Hard maple all day today.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

View attachment 468345
Needed a boat to get into the job this morning.
View attachment 468347
The county ditch blew all to hell yesterday evening and tried to take my driveway with it.

? are the salmon running up them streams yet? looks like you wont need to travel far for a fresh fish fry if your lucky..

Started the morning playing dominos to drop a birch without hitting a power line.
217861869a768fd9972dcd108a84b78b.jpg

Then got into some gnarly softwood and pinched the saw when the log shifted.
Here's my way of unpinching a saw.
746bbd36a510cfa63f8e44d6ca3a059e.jpg

a56509642535e10443a364b59d349ebc.jpg

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
Pinched er balls deep huh?

I wonder if its as hard on the stump as it is here. I like cuttin it, but man they can be like a rock. Buckin is fine tho.
Yea its a chattering prick to cut. It listens pretty good though as long as your not to low on the stump where the grain gets wavy.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Fastest way to put a good day into a bad one blow up a good falling saw bucking and bumping knots.

d7ecdacc5f86ae9614b926e5d899ff7b.jpg

A little wood road clean up before the winter storms start and knock the trees into the power lines along the road. Took yesterday off as the wind was to high for cutting alone so decided to spend some time with my daughter and take her to get her ears pierced

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk

Some pics from a job this summer. This 80 acres was cut over hard two years ago by a previous landowner. The current landowner decieded to cut the rest, save the hickory and put beef cattle in. Prior to me showing up all old stumps and slash were pulled, piled, and burned.

Early morning landing.

Landingfog.jpg

These guys were nuts and burned on some seriously windy days. They seemed to have it under control tho. Nothin got hurt.

slashburn.jpg

Nice Hickory save tree. Not sure how long it will stay upright having grown up in the woods. The landowner was made aware of that fact several times.

Hickorysave.jpg

One of four landings. The knee to waist high grass got old when cutting. Skidding was like in a park tho!

summerlanding.jpg

One of the bigger red oaks. There was decent timber on this job. I would have liked to have seen it before it was hammered the first time.

redstump.jpg

Just some random stuff. I had to get out of this woods as soon as it was dry due to a hunting stipulation in the contract. Everything had to hit the ground without help from the machine.

widowmaker.jpg

Had to buck the back one off to get it to go. The near and under side were rotten so I had to buck the far side to get it to go.

widowdown.jpg

Stump from the vertical tree.

widowstump.jpg

Hard pulled red oak.
hardpull.jpg

Cleaned up pretty nice. I need to get a camera. This phone sucks.
hardpullclean.jpg

Some from last week. Lots of clean tall ash in this woods. I've been wanting to cut this tree for years. Its in a park near the house. too bad it didn't have another 50 years to grow. EAB.

cleanash.jpg

Laid out. 6 10ftrs. Not my tallest, but no limbs til the top.
cleanashlay.jpg

The red oak in the distance and the ash were leaned hard at each other and tangled up. I knew the ash would swing out and pull the oak with it. Got the oak cut up tight just before she wanted to pop, then cut the ash from the Dutchman side towards the pull side.

twofor1.jpg

Pulled more out of the ash than I wanted but it cleaned up ok.

twpfpr1dpwm.jpg

Springpole! Normally I would have cut this out first, but in the park they want to save as much as possible

springpole.jpg

Attachments

• cleanashlay.jpg
    cleanashlay.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 12
Back