Falling video. How not to do it i guess.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I guess if a tree service were to have given them a quote of $1000 or whatever to safely take down the tree with a crew, lines, and a bucket truck, that WOULD have been the less expensive deal!

I suppose their insurance company would take one look at the weather report for that day (no wind) and the see the saw cut and say "Sorry, you're on your own!"

Looks like it was leaning toward the house. I would have made the back cut first, stuck a wedge or two in it and then cut the face. Finally wedge it over. Of course hindsight is always 20/20 right?

I have to agree that it was already looking like it was leaning the wrong way, my question is why wouldn't he create a wedge in the direction that he wanted it to fall which would have obviously been as far away from the house as possible. A similar situation happened when a friend of mine started his own tree cutting business (not exactly professionals, mind you but they got the work done safely for the most part), they were taking down three rather large trees and on the last one he was told that the rope was secure, low and behold once the tree started falling the rope flew right off the tree as it was not secure and right on the clients house through their roof an computer. Luckily no one was hurt, but when you are chopping down your own trees with little or no knowledge, you can be taking a big risk sometimes.

I have to agree that it was already looking like it was leaning the wrong way, my question is why wouldn't he create a wedge in the direction that he wanted it to fall which would have obviously been as far away from the house as possible. A similar situation happened when a friend of mine started his own tree cutting business (not exactly professionals, mind you but they got the work done safely for the most part), they were taking down three rather large trees and on the last one he was told that the rope was secure, low and behold once the tree started falling the rope flew right off the tree as it was not secure and right on the clients house through their roof an computer. Luckily no one was hurt, but when you are chopping down your own trees with little or no knowledge, you can be taking a big risk sometimes.

He didn't create a wedge because he didn't have the experience or the skill to do the job to begin with. He didn't know that...then. I'll bet he does now.

That was brilliant! Did you see how he strategically got the snow off of his roof without the need of a shovel? BRAVO

That was brilliant! Did you see how he strategically got the snow off of his roof without the need of a shovel? BRAVO

I personally would prefer if you would post some videos of how to do it! Seeing as how you made one of my favorite falling videos to date...

Latest posts

Back