fall's first fire.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chucker

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
with a cool north wind blowing at a steady 12 mph all day and splitting/stacking this winters wood and sweat! there's a fire going to warm my old bones to chase away the pains of over doing it at the wood pile! low 60's here today for a high and over nite's low dipping to 40 something, it's time again for the fire to warm the old bone's!! anyone else?

Cool beans man! I'm ready for the cooler weather, but still have at least a month or so to go to get rid of the bugs, etc and have a fire. Looks like three hayings this year as well, last one coming up soon, every other year only two. It has been hot wet and humid most of the summer and it's been slamming me hard this year, first summer I have to admit the heat is winning.. had a few weeks or sorta dry, that's it. Cutting I've been good for one tank with a big saw, that's it, tuckered out. Ya, I know, wuss.. HAHAHA went out this evening to whack bark and punk off of this oak, going nice then ouch! Looked down, abbout a hundred big biting ants, I'm standing right on top of a nest! ^&^&&&*(*( Nice few minutes there of getting them all off. Need to switch to long pants soon. Hopefully el bosso doesn't mission creep me bad this winter, supposed to be part time on a year round basis, but lately every single time he drives by he gives me something extra to do...grumble. pro tip for meself next incarnation, do not take job where housing is included, having employer plus landlord at the same time is a bad idea...

with a cool north wind blowing at a steady 12 mph all day and splitting/stacking this winters wood and sweat! there's a fire going to warm my old bones to chase away the pains of over doing it at the wood pile! low 60's here today for a high and over nite's low dipping to 40 something, it's time again for the fire to warm the old bone's!! anyone else?
No fire here yet but it's supposed to get down to 5o tonight. We could use a frost here, the bees have been so bad the last couple weeks I cant get anything done outside

Been a few weeks here that I've been heating. Hasn't gotten all that cold, but it's mostly been sweatshirt weather. Highs in the mid 50s, lows in the 30s.

I lit one off last week and kept it going for 3 days. Gonna be the same again here in a couple days with temps down in the 60s and staying there for at least a week. Making progress one burning the pile of junk wood (cedar, uglies of willow and misshapen locust splits)

gonna be a hold out here i wont light till about mid november here most likely.

Have had a few evening and night time shooting the ****/beer drinking fires in the fire pit...if that counts. Certainly not because of the weather. Still cooking in mid-Ga most every day, lows only in the mid 60's/low 70's.

Back