fall's first fire.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was 85 here Sunday low 50s the next day with crazy wind

Brian

The house right now is sitting at 60* and though the wind is calm now it is suppose to pick up pretty strong tomorrow and not get above 50* here is North Central Iowa. So I just walked out and threw some kindling and 4 smaller splits of Mulberry into the OWB. 10/15 will be the first fire of the year for us.

10/15 will be the first fire of the year for us.
Mark it 10/16 here on the eastern side of north Iowa... lit a firebox full of thick Bur Oak bark this morning. Not that it was cold in the house (67°), but it is only 36° outside this morning, we'll be lucky to see 50° today with a 15-20 MPH northwest wind... and lookin' for a low tomorrow morning well down into the 20s. I figured it was time... a bit earlier than average, but quite a bit later than last year... it-is-what-it-is.

It'll be short lived though... "they" say back in the mid-70s on Monday.

Lit the CB last night as momma said it was getting a bit chilly (65) in the house for when the 1 month old grandson came to visit. Lit it up and the house is now a comfy 74 degrees.
Now, all I am waiting on is for my Blockbuster processor to be finished up so I can really start having some fun outside.

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk

Lit my first "chimney log" while splitting. Works pretty good! Or friend from Texas told us about it.
5fc3ebb8ca63dd50ef0deb276a983883.jpg

Brian

Latest posts

Back