Falls project

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rburg44

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
image.jpg Two black cherries a maullberry and a sassafras tree bucked and stacked waiting for this 90+ degree weather to break and ill be splitting! Thinkin its close to 2 cords in pic its two deep the bigger cherries on the right side are 16"-18" average

Nice stack man! Why wait, you want those splits to be drying in this heat!

almost done with my oak from last winter, have to give up and just noodle to exact size, about busted my hand and elbow trying to split knots. I mean my hand ain't working, can't hardly type or twist a screwdriver..grumble..I am a bonehead for pushing it...sucks, but tomorrow I will just noodle them all down even further and be done with it, sick of them sitting there teasing me.

I can go cut more then though! Give my arm a week or so then I am going for it, heat or not, the ground is dry! Winter is azz deep mud, no thanks. Need a freeking hovercraft to get in and out without leaving equipment killer ruts.

Hmmm...maybe a first and become a legend in my own mind! First firewood with a hovercraft!

drat, I'll have to build one somehow....picky details....wonder if the boss has counted all his airplane engines...heheheheheheh

Last year I was so pumped up with my new little 22 ton Huskee, I went out for an hour almost every morning before work, no matter how hot. By deer season I had nine cord split and stacked, Joe.

Im just shy of 10 cords now thats why im in no real rush its all under roof and its full havnt decided where to start my next row yet either im a firm believer in you can never have enough wood so im gonna get at it! Got a big one to cut up so thats my next project! Once thats cut then ill spend a bunch of time splitting!

Latest posts

Back