FarmerTec Huztl MS660 Updated Build Kit - Build Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope so. I am not real happy with the one I have, but I haven't used it much, maybe it will get better. I have been trying to get a few parts replaced for mine and it's been over a month. They asked for pictures and videos of the bad parts. I sent everything they asked for but they still haven't shipped any parts.
Maybe enough complaints, has kicked them in the rear to make things better?????

Sent from my LGUS992 using Tapatalk

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

If you paid with paypal, you can open a case. If you paid with credit card you can go through them.

I can appreciate missing or receiving some substandard parts for the pricepoint, but delaying the appropriate restitution should not be tolerated

Here are some pics of parts I got.
e97344cf0aca2d8ed35a3c9fa6fa9e15.jpg
c68d5b5d4cd8094300653f21ded1f652.jpg
e6e729a36a152feb63744421fd1e0a07.jpg
dcdc5fd8324d3644454645e39376381a.jpg
8866bac7a814fe42ec29bf831175f363.jpg
909993b6eaa370b0d5661ca71dd8b162.jpg
32c132213c27d7a1bf11c6b5b371eadb.jpg
0354e5dc59547389811f06792443ecc5.jpg
73f24764914a8b8a3617c92769e4b3d5.jpg
a64ae772b3249026f7a30b1fbfafb42a.jpg
ab2f386778887c919d3691317b2c106e.jpg

If you paid with paypal, you can open a case. If you paid with credit card you can go through them.

I can appreciate missing or receiving some substandard parts for the pricepoint, but delaying the appropriate restitution should not be tolerated
Right, it's the point of the matter. If I had gotten a top notch cylinder like the latest ones have been, I probably wouldn't have even complained about a few inferior parts. But it just the principal that I paid for parts that are supposed to work. I didn't expect oem quality but I did expect every part to be usable. If people don't complain, their quality will get worse instead of better.

Well, I got some work done on my build. My case and crank are together. I haven't centered my crank in the case yet. But I did determine that with the supplied base gasket, my squish is about .037". I measured the thickness of the gasket and it is .022". The only thing is that it isn't the normal gasket that I have been seeing. It it stamped out of the same material as the case gasket. I do have a Hyway gasket set coming, mostlet for the oil seals. But I figured it wouldn't hurt to have extras of the others. It looks like it should have the metal gasket. I will probably use the thinner of the 2 gaskets. The bottom end feels nice and smooth though. I am very happy so far. I did have to clearance the outside of the transfer port on the flywheel side though. It now is sitting flat on the case. When I first started, squish on that side was about .044" and the other side was about .036". I also could see a gap at the base. I tried going without a base gasket, but could hear the piston hitting at the top. It would do a full revolution, but hit everytime the piston hit tdc. We will see how things go from here. Probably won't be able to work on it tomorrow night. But, we will see.

If your piston is hitting the squish band at tdc without the gasket, and the gasket is .022, how do you come up with .037? Should be no more than 22 thou...

If your piston is hitting the squish band at tdc without the gasket, and the gasket is .022, how do you come up with .037? Should be no more than 22 thou...
It is a very light hit, without the gasket. But it is able to still go through the full stroke. It may be a spot in the squish band that is thicker than the rest. Not sure though. I see why you are questioning, but it wasn't like I couldn't turn everything through full cycle, without the gasket.

Still cant figure why you guys waste more $ and time on chinese junk than just buying a used version of the real thing.
Still can't figure out why if you think two 99cc saw that work every day and made me $1200 dollars in the last 3 days are "chinese junk", that you would be reading this thread.... ****ing troll.

Still cant figure why you guys waste more $ and time on chinese junk than just buying a used version of the real thing.
I have about 320 in mine. I have not seen any decent used ones for anywhere close to that. And if you have to ask why, then you just wouldn't understand anyway.

Maybe because some of us can't afford to purchase a semi decent used original for the money we have in these. Also, maybe we enjoy the challenge and pride of getting a box of parts and building a working machine that is pretty close to identical to the real thing.
And, to "piggy back" on your point (from the standpoint of someone that makes a living with "saws"), you SHOULD be proud of what you've done and what you learn. "Most" loggers and folks that burn fuel and oil for a living will never build a saw. Most production loggers and arborists are "saw wreckers". I don't use that as a "negative phrase". They work saws to death! They drop them, run them over, burn them up and "demand" one thing and one thing only, that they start, run all day and make them money. If the saw doesn't do that, it gets ripped apart and turned into a "parts saw", or it gets brought to soemone like me to fix it. They can't even agree on overall "brand reliability", because most of them only run the saws that are given to them to use. Now, this doesn't apply to ALL of them! Some guys are logging "tyranosaurs"! They know saws inside and outside. Those are the folks worth listening to.

And, to "piggy back" on your point (from the standpoint of someone that makes a living with "saws"), you SHOULD be proud of what you've done and what you learn. "Most" loggers and folks that burn fuel and oil for a living will never build a saw. Most production loggers and arborists are "saw wreckers". I don't use that as a "negative phrase". They work saws to death! They drop them, run them over, burn them up and "demand" one thing and one thing only, that they start, run all day and make them money. If the saw doesn't do that, it gets ripped apart and turned into a "parts saw", or it gets brought to soemone like me to fix it. They can't even agree on overall "brand reliability", because most of them only run the saws that are given to them to use. Now, this doesn't apply to ALL of them! Some guys are logging "tyranosaurs"! They know saws inside and outside. Those are the folks worth listening to.

Also, I don't have the money in my saws, that it would have cost me to buy them new, because I bought machines that needed repaired. I would rather spend $300 on a saw that I have to build and know what I have, than $600+ on a used machine that is more than likely less CC's than this clone and I don't know for sure exactly what I have. A WELL used MS440 is still going for $400+ here. Give me my clone, that I put together myself, for less money and more power.

Hey Bedford would you suspect them to fix the blue kits with the correct and updated parts over the old orange kits?

I don't have the space/tools/know how to build one of these kits, I respect the guys that get these working properly. It's not for me but I know if I did build one and it worked I would be proud of it. I use a 066 at work regularly and it's a beast. If these kit saws work at even 90 percent of a 066 they are respectable to me.

Those kit saws are a thing of the past, you can purchase them assembled and ready to cut.

Latest posts

Back