FarmerTec Huztl MS660 Updated Build Kit - Build Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I too think the cylinder bolts were loose. I was able to turn the studs out by hand when I removed the cylinder. But I don't know why they were loose. I am sure they were tight when I installed the cylinder. But I'm not sure of the protocol about retorquing after running the saw for its break in period.

Blue loctite is your friend during assembly... on everything but especially on cylinder and muffler bolts. Re-torquing isn't required with a metal base gasket but couldn't hurt either. Especially now that you've had problems.

Are these bolts specific for cylinder install. Can I find replacements at the local hardware store? Or should I order huztl/OEM?

They're M6x25 and while you can find normal socket head screws at local hardware stores, it isn't likely that you'll find T27 heads.

PM me your address and I'll send you some. You're only a state away so they'll likely be there on Saturday.

So I think you're on to something here.... looks like the jug was rubbing on the case View attachment 629615View attachment 629616
Yep that will do it you need to make some room but make sure that you don't get carried away and prevent the debris from getting in the crank case and make double sure the other transfer isn't touching the case as well this is a common problem with the big bore cilinders.

so now my question is, should I be optimistic, clearance the case, get new jug bolts and put it all back together, hoping for the best?

Or do I take the cautious approach and order a new case and crank before putting it all back together?

so now my question is, should I be optimistic, clearance the case, get new jug bolts and put it all back together, hoping for the best?

Or do I take the cautious approach and order a new case and crank before putting it all back together?
If it was me I would atleest look it over and mama sure you can spin the crank and feel for any ruffnes in the barrings if it feels smooth run it but only after you give the jug some room for her big hips. Lol. :muscle::rock2:

Crank definitely spins nice. I thought it was hanging up but then realized it was just grabbing the magnet on the flywheel/spark generator.

Crank definitely spins nice. I thought it was hanging up but then realized it was just grabbing the magnet on the flywheel/spark generator.
You need to gap your coil if it is touching the flywheel us a business card to get a proper gap.:dancing:

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg No coil is gapped right. But as the magnet on the flywheel spins to line up with the coil, it gets a little pull, making the piston seem to "stick" but it's just the magnetic force.

I've clearance the case to make room for the big badonkadonk on this thing now. So hopefully I can get some cylinder bolts tomorrow. Otherwise I'll be contacting Ozhoo to be kind enough to send me a set.

View attachment 629631 View attachment 629632 View attachment 629633 No coil is gapped right. But as the magnet on the flywheel spins to line up with the coil, it gets a little pull, making the piston seem to "stick" but it's just the magnetic force.

I've clearance the case to make room for the big badonkadonk on this thing now. So hopefully I can get some cylinder bolts tomorrow. Otherwise I'll be contacting Ozhoo to be kind enough to send me a set.
Good to here you should be able to go to your stihl dealer and get what you need to get you up and going again.

View attachment 629631 View attachment 629632 View attachment 629633 No coil is gapped right. But as the magnet on the flywheel spins to line up with the coil, it gets a little pull, making the piston seem to "stick" but it's just the magnetic force.

So just to see how things went for you did you get your saw back together??? :chainsaw:

Currently awaiting my cylinder head bolts to arrive from Ozhoo. Probably wont get it back together until Sunday or Monday if they arrive this weekend. I am hopeful that with clearancing the case, the crank will survive for a while when I get it back together. I will keep you all posted, and start preparing for purchasing a new case and crank and OEM gasket kit again lol

Currently awaiting my cylinder head bolts to arrive from Ozhoo. Probably wont get it back together until Sunday or Monday if they arrive this weekend. I am hopeful that with clearancing the case, the crank will survive for a while when I get it back together. I will keep you all posted, and start preparing for purchasing a new case and crank and OEM gasket kit again lol
Sounds good the saw will talk to you if there's something major wrong just pay close attention and go easy with it and hopefully she'll be fine. :chop:

It was running excellent until it just cut out, so I am hopeful the two bolt heads I found let go about the same time and the saw just stopped working at that point because it lost it's seal and no major harm was done. It might be wishful thinking but even if I have to order a new case, crank and seals, it still will be less than $100.

It was running excellent until it just cut out, so I am hopeful the two bolt heads I found let go about the same time and the saw just stopped working at that point because it lost it's seal and no major harm was done. It might be wishful thinking but even if I have to order a new case, crank and seals, it still will be less than $100.
I'm going to be more hopeful for you even though these saw are just copies of the reel deal but i believe that if there a copie of the real saw then they should be able to take some pounding .

Latest posts

Back