FarmerTec Huztl MS660 Updated Build Kit - Build Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well Bedford T i went ahead and ordered a Tillotson hs-320a today it should be here sometime next week $55.99 I like.
:clap::chainsaw:

Cool, no more carb worries. Tune it in and cut.

I had mine off as I fixed that leak and it had Stihl printed on the side of the compensator. I bought it from a dealer that sells all walbro and tolliston. I about choked. So that means it came from another county they don't make them without the limiters here. I wonder what market it came from. I purchased about 3 tollistons and several walbro, from them. Now if I could just find a good deal on the coil

Well on the coil i found that stens coils aren't to bad on price ive used there coils on ms440 and a 044. Have you had much problems with the farmertec coils??

Well on the coil i found that stens coils aren't to bad on price ive used there coils on ms440 and a 044. Have you had much problems with the farmertec coils??
No issues with my coil. I have gotten bad ones in the past. I love the kits. I love them starting every single time I asked them to.

So over the past few months I have been buying oem carbs and coils for everything. When I find a oem coil I can afford I will buy it and keep it until mine dies, which it will sometime and then install it. Until then it assures me I can trouble shoot my saw. All else being equal those are the items most likely to let us kit owners down.

I would rather use a FarmerTec. They likely make them for Stens. Stens does not manufacturer their stuff. Might some things.

No issues with my coil. I have gotten bad ones in the past. I love the kits. I love them starting every single time I asked them to.

So over the past few months I have been buying oem carbs and coils for everything. When I find a oem coil I can afford I will buy it and keep it until mine dies, which it will sometime and then install it. Until then it assures me I can trouble my saw. All else being equal those are the items most likely to let us kit owners down.

I would rather use a FarmerTec. They likely make them for Stens. Stens does not manufacturer their stuff. Might some things.
Yep so far I'm not a big fan of the carb that i got from them but I've seen bran new oem ones to. Lol:crazy2:

We can be picky. Nothing wrong with choosing a better whatever. We built it we can do it our way. I remember guys bragging about their favorite 4 barrel carb in their car. No difference here

We can be picky. Nothing wrong with choosing a better whatever. We built it we can do it our way. I remember guys bragging about their favorite 4 barrel carb in their car. No difference here
Lol. I admit I'm pretty picky about what carb go's under the hood of my rigs. :yes::lol:

I had further trouble with my saw. You guys might want to look at what happened. Its what you don't see that gets you. To 5:10 to understand whats going on and then fast forward to 12:47 should make it less painless. I had something similar to this happen on my 380. These things make you excel at troubleshooting!

I had further trouble with my saw. You guys might want to look at what happened. Its what you don't see that gets you. To 5:10 to understand whats going on and then fast forward to 12:47 should make it less painless. I had something similar to this happen on my 380. These things make you excel at troubleshooting!

Lol. Leave it to be something simple to make you scratch your head. Thanks to you running in to that problem I'll be looking at mine tomorrow night. o_O:yes:

Lol. Leave it to be something simple to make you scratch your head. Thanks to you running in to that problem I'll be looking at mine tomorrow night. o_O:yes:
You can't help but wonder how many are like that. A tiny flaw can cause a lot of trouble. I have built a lot and never once looked down the throat. I will from now on.

Will be interested to hear

You can't help but wonder how many are like that. A tiny flaw can cause a lot of trouble. I have built a lot and never once looked down the throat. I will from now on.

Will be interested to hear
Yep I'll let you know for sure what I find and I'll take some pictures for you tot :)

Pa and I have a real sawmill so I ain't milling withis pig, I have been out retrieving logs with a Jonyred 625 and topping with a 26. Even if it is a shiny turd it is still shiny. I will break the firewood pile down with Oddjob.

It's one thing after the other. I went to my shop and was going to crank up the 660. Could not cut. It's too nasty for me right now and more rain to come. I still wanted to hear it idle.

So I noticed my cord druping so I took cord off and rewound and notice a problem it appeared with the spring

No doubt with the trouble I had with that cross cylinder. It had bent several things. So I pulled the rotor and it had jammed up the end. Fortunately I had a spare spring. If I had not checked it would have ruined the rotor

baeb03801ea678aa7bd600ca914ee5dd.jpg

It's one thing after the other. I went to my shop and was going to crank up the 660. Could not cut. It's too nasty for me right now and more rain to come. I still wanted to hear it idle.

So I noticed my cord druping so I took cord off and rewound and notice a problem it appeared with the spring

No doubt with the trouble I had with that cross cylinder. It had bent several things. So I pulled the rotor and it had jammed up the end. Fortunately I had a spare spring. If I had not checked it would have ruined the rotor

baeb03801ea678aa7bd600ca914ee5dd.jpg
Well thats not good but at least you had a spare. Now then I took a look at my vent today and this is what it looked like and its just fine but my vent is why different than the one you got in your kit. IMG_20180205_100851.jpg IMG_20180205_100851.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20180205_101334.jpg
    IMG_20180205_101334.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 12
15178559343445435196708336788678.jpg 15178559191586697537388985974174.jpg Glad it's not pandemic on the vent obstruction. If I were you I would change that vent out. The one I had was fine and I thought they went to the mushroom because of the problems we had with that design. That one has a little duckbill that will cause problems or did in the past.

View attachment 630706 View attachment 630705 Glad it's not pandemic on the vent obstruction. If I were you I would change that vent out. The one I had was fine and I thought they went to the mushroom because of the problems we had with that design. That one has a little duckbill that will cause problems or did in the past.
Yea I was thinking about getting a oem one and the seal to because of how spungy it feels.

I wonder how they make decisions. The mushroom was different looking but the design I thought was changed because of the duckbill and now it reappears. looks like they would make sure that lost cost part would be as effective as possible so people would not run into issues. now that you mention it i am going to order the grommet, then the vent should work a long time. its not but 6$ vent at stihl so its not a lot of money

HL supply has them on sale today
they dont sell oem. i have not looked but they sell a lot of farmertec which that part is.

i went and took a peek, its been long time since i checked them out. interestingly enough that have the 660 kit delivered at a great price today. but what was really interesting is the say they do not recommending building a saw from it and there is no warranty. sounds like that was a pain point for them. how confusing is that, dont build a saw with this complete build kit lol

I wonder how they make decisions. The mushroom was different looking but the design I thought was changed because of the duckbill and now it reappears. looks like they would make sure that lost cost part would be as effective as possible so people would not run into issues. now that you mention it i am going to order the grommet, then the vent should work a long time. its not but 6$ vent at stihl so its not a lot of money
Yep cheap enough to make it last a long time for sure. :yes:

Back