FarmerTec Huztl MS660 Updated Build Kit - Build Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man she said she only had one wj76 left. But got plenty more coming but it will be March. She also said if we need other carbs like she is getting a hd-15 for my 440. Zama, walbro and tolliston at our finger tips. I told her we was hungry!

I built up one of these kits and had pretty good luck with it for 4 tanks of fuel, then I go to take out the spark plug dam if there wasn't a booger on the threads that broke off the threads of the cylinder. I got a NGK spark plug and a Raisman cylinder to replace it got it back together and now have about 10 more tanks of fuel through it. Jeez it pulls HARD with a 24" bar, never had a saw this big before but wow!
Wanted to thank the contributors of this thread and others, I've been lurking around reading a lot but held off on posting till I had some run time on it.
Took a couple pics while running it the other day see if I can get them to load on here,

very nice!! I know you've told us but I'm lazy. What model? I have an old 042 that's making sure my concrete floor doesn't float away, and you have me stoked. Needs to be rebuilt and upgraded anyway.. Cheers, K

"chain brake spring is flat out wrong so I ordered an oem spring before hand. "
Do you know the PN? Can the supplied one be made to work? thx

Man she said she only had one wj76 left. But got plenty more coming but it will be March. She also said if we need other carbs like she is getting a hd-15 for my 440. Zama, walbro and tolliston at our finger tips. I told her we was hungry!
Nice I'm really thinking about getting a wj-76 can you save one for me I don't want to mess with the one that's in my 064 i just want to put side by side with the tillotson and run it on my ms660 just to see if i can tell a difference in the wood. :chainsaw: yes you can say im bored Bedford T. Lol

I built up one of these kits and had pretty good luck with it for 4 tanks of fuel, then I go to take out the spark plug dam if there wasn't a booger on the threads that broke off the threads of the cylinder. I got a NGK spark plug and a Raisman cylinder to replace it got it back together and now have about 10 more tanks of fuel through it. Jeez it pulls HARD with a 24" bar, never had a saw this big before but wow!
Wanted to thank the contributors of this thread and others, I've been lurking around reading a lot but held off on posting till I had some run time on it.
Took a couple pics while running it the other day see if I can get them to load on here,

Good job. It's quite an experience.

Nice I'm really thinking about getting a wj-76 can you save one for me I don't want to mess with the one that's in my 064 i just want to put side by side with the tillotson and run it on my ms660 just to see if i can tell a difference in the wood. :chainsaw: yes you can say im bored Bedford T. Lol
Go order it. Hit the buy button right now! Or just buy the jet from definitive Dave. About 8$. Nothing wrong with your carb, unless you want two. Do you know where to go?

"chain brake spring is flat out wrong so I ordered an oem spring before hand. "
Do you know the PN? Can the supplied one be made to work? thx
No get the oem. All the part numbers are on my website.

Tension spring 1133 160 5500.

I think the one they screwed up in the past was for the ms440

@Beetlejuice it's a 660. 54mm Raisman top end. Other than that and an oem wrist pin bearing, it's all straight out the box. With the lightweight 24" bar it's pretty manageable, I use it for limbing too.

I just watched The Chainsaw Guy on YouTube, and he had great things to say about the 660.. The saw he had on the bench had matching felling dogs to the left and right, (huge). Looked really ominous. Other than my little 170 with a 16" bar, everything else I run has at least a 20 incher.but all my stuff is older with a manual oiler override, so am able to put bigger bars on and not overheat or run dry at the end of the circuit. Thumb gets tired sometimes but love cutting the big rounds. Using a Homey 1050 till I get the 042 up and going. I've a C-72 Homey that's in various stages of disrepair. It's a back burner saw. Sometimes I think it's cheaper just to buy a new Stihl and have no worries.. Where's the fun in that? My 170 is new.. Close enough? Thanks for your time. I learn more stuff on this site.. Cheers, KIMG_20171018_091123.jpg

Bedford, have you thought about making up your own kits and selling them? Maybe just the parts that are generally missing and preferred to use on the various Chinese kits? You could be the "Chainsaw kit for the Chinese chainsaw kit guy". Kits could include assortment of a.m. and oem parts

Bedford, have you thought about making up your own kits and selling them? Maybe just the parts that are generally missing and preferred to use on the various Chinese kits? You could be the "Chainsaw kit for the Chinese chainsaw kit guy". Kits could include assortment of a.m. and oem parts
That would be a headache

I think Bedford could get it done.
The problem is price. I have a whole bunch of 660 parts lying around. This week I said "I wonder what it would cost me if I grabbed AM parts with free shipping to build another saw. I have a complete 54mm jug assembly, recoil starter, seal kit, chain adjuster, decomp, intake, all the rubber parts... I priced out the parts and couldn't beat the Huztl price for the whole kit and adding $100 for shipping. I didn't even price all the "best" parts that I would put on if money weren't an object... I will guarantee that if I bought "all" the parts that I "would" replace, it would be a $5-6 hundred dollar build.

The problem is price. I have a whole bunch of 660 parts lying around. This week I said "I wonder what it would cost me if I grabbed AM parts with free shipping to build another saw. I have a complete 54mm jug assembly, recoil starter, seal kit, chain adjuster, decomp, intake, all the rubber parts... I priced out the parts and couldn't beat the Huztl price for the whole kit and adding $100 for shipping. I didn't even price all the "best" parts that I would put on if money weren't an object... I will guarantee that if I bought "all" the parts that I "would" replace, it would be a $5-6 hundred dollar build.
All I'm saying is that when people on here are buying these kits, there are usually parts that are missing. Also parts that are commonly replaced with oem parts or better aftermarket parts. So he could have a kit premade for your Chinese kit with all those parts.

Latest posts

Back