FarmerTec Huztl MS660 Updated Build Kit - Build Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok ordered my 660 a few days back on eBay through machinesdoctor. They marked as shipped with a number I have never seen before config wise. When tracked it comes up with Japan post. And no record found of the item. Is this normal will it eventually end up showing some tracking? Has anyone else felt with this?

I've only bought 1 off ebay from hlsproparts. The others I've gotten from huztl.net, so I cannot help you with that, sorry.

Having a kit you paid for misdelivered would be maddening. Can you get an answer why. Never heard of that.

But thanks for sharing

Sorry on the delay

http://thechainsawkitguy.com Kit info

Their response is almost comical. It's like buying a new car, having it delivered with a busted trunk and the dealer telling you that it will work anyway. Try it out.

Dear Sir,
Thank you for your message.
And sorry for the late reply, because we have a long vacation of Chinese New Year.

And sorry for the transportation problem.
We hope you can understand, friend. The problem might be caused on the way,
it is an incontrollable problem.
But we think it could not affect using, hope you can have a try.
Thanks for your understanding and patience.
Have a nice day!

I've only bought 1 off ebay from hlsproparts. The others I've gotten from huztl.net, so I cannot help you with that, sorry.
That is how it works with huztl.net and shipping by air in general. If you look at the shipping history that will show up as how it's handled. Did you know arbortec.net is HL FarmerTec operation? Drop ships from FarmerTec

Their response is almost comical. It's like buying a new car, having it delivered with a busted trunk and the dealer telling you that it will work anyway. Try it out.

Dear Sir,
Thank you for your message.
And sorry for the late reply, because we have a long vacation of Chinese New Year.

And sorry for the transportation problem.
We hope you can understand, friend. The problem might be caused on the way,
it is an incontrollable problem.
But we think it could not affect using, hope you can have a try.
Thanks for your understanding and patience.
Have a nice day!
Open a case. Only action is when it's forced. People are shooting themselves and then the next guy in both feet when they walk away.

It must be real bizzare there in how workers are treated. They will blame their workers when they are not blaming the shippers. If I get it and it's broke it's their fault and hell no I will not be ok with it.

But that just me apparently

I'm still in the email stage. I've sent them pics about the cylinder hitting and gasket not sealing. Gotta wait until 1am eastern time for them to answer in China time.

I'm still in the email stage. I've sent them pics about the cylinder hitting and gasket not sealing. Gotta wait until 1am eastern time for them to answer in China time.
You got it tight. That is how it works. Using dirko does not make it bad.

This is why they do what they do. I thought you meant damage They read the forums. So they saw you say you sealed it. They saw you say you had gasket upside down. They been out but they will see it.

Everybody got an angle. [emoji849]

The photo shows how little space there is. The thickness of paper. Enough.

40de56bdc1210fb180db5285c5c98c04.jpg

This is why they do what they do. I thought you meant damage They read the forums. So they saw you say you sealed it. They saw you say you had gasket upside down. They been out but they will see it.

I'm primarily concerned with the damage, but something is off for a gasket to not seal when clamped across a flat surface, especially a paper one, it should conform to slight irregularities. Part of it is to inform them, but the broken part, and delivering it to a ups store with no instructions or contact for me.

But if I pay 85+ for shipping and they skimp with their end, it is worth pursuing. Last order I got (440) was DHL, to my door for cheaper and in 8 days. This one was 20 days, more expensive, delivered randomly that required multiple calls/emails, detective work, a drive and a wait to be helped, for more!?

I know I'm getting what I paid for, not a 1200+ Stihl, but I'm also not afraid to call BS when I see it. Even if they see it.

OK this is a all farmertec and I have seen this time and time again even with oem cases with am cylinders on the flywheel side there are times that you will have to do some clearensing on the case so that way the transfer port doesn't touch the case some times you get lucky and you don't have to go through this but sometimes you do........ IMG_20180223_125748.jpg IMG_20180223_125748.jpg IMG_20180223_125657.jpg

On my back up ms660 it was bad enough to where you couldn't get anything in there so I had no choice but to give it some room.

Got it put together and attempted to start it. It will kick over, but not idle. I can get it to sometimes, but it is fast, like its lean. I tried a walbro carb and same thing.

I'll be tearing it back down to see where it is leaking from.

Got it put together and attempted to start it. It will kick over, but not idle. I can get it to sometimes, but it is fast, like its lean. I tried a walbro carb and same thing.

I'll be tearing it back down to see where it is leaking from.

Discovered 2 problems.

First was the farmertec decomp was randomly venting. You could pull the recoil and hear it hissing when it was closed.

Second was a massive vacuum leak where I forgot to attach the impulse line to the crankcase.

Makes me feel better now. I'll have to wait until tomorrow to start it though, family is in bed.

Discovered 2 problems.

First was the farmertec decomp was randomly venting. You could pull the recoil and hear it hissing when it was closed.

Second was a massive vacuum leak where I forgot to attach the impulse line to the crankcase.

Makes me feel better now. I'll have to wait until tomorrow to start it though, family is in bed.
Get rid of the farmertec decompression valve that thing will rowen your year!!!! :crazy2:

Good news. Carrie got right back to me and gave me a link the shipper SFexpress.com and the number they provided is a way bill number. So I tracked it via that number and its on the way. So pretty stoked

Bedford T,
After contacting the seller and studying the Caber website, I concluded that:

Caber makes two ring types for the 066/MS660: the F-cast (more expensive) and STD ("regular" cast iron rings)
The rings I have are STD
The seller is wrong about any of the Stihl rings being I-cast

Hope that clears it up

Bedford T,
After contacting the seller and studying the Caber website, I concluded that:

Caber makes two ring types for the 066/MS660: the F-cast (more expensive) and STD ("regular" cast iron rings)
The rings I have are STD
The seller is wrong about any of the Stihl rings being I-cast

Hope that clears it up
That is good to know that's for sure. :yes:

Get rid of the farmertec decompression valve that thing will rowen your year!!!! :crazy2:

You can see on the cylinder where the decomp was blowing by during my attempted running. The valve pictured in there is a Stihl one I borrowed from another saw, farmertec got chunked. Thought out was a neat pic.
2018-02-23 21.21.38.jpg

I'mactually suprised I actually got it running without an impulse and random compression loss.

Back