FarmerTec Huztl MS660 Updated Build Kit - Build Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya, I didn't hear of this issue, was trying to finish it today...I need a lathe haha. It's really binding on the bearing. Should it just slip on easily?

Gonna piss me off to wait another week or two for a new drum to come
Yea it should go on your not the only one that's had this problem you can try to hone it out a little and see how it goes just take it slow. A little go's a long ways. Lol

Do you happen to have the oregon part number? I don't want to buy the wrong one...looks like there are a few different ones.

I may take it in to work and see if i can persuade someone in the machine shop to work it...

I'd probably just get it out of round with the dremmel

Do you happen to have the oregon part number? I don't want to buy the wrong one...looks like there are a few different ones.

I may take it in to work and see if i can persuade someone in the machine shop to work it...

I'd probably just get it out of round with the dremmel
Well trying to find the part number and not doing so well finding it I know it's out there some where. Lol

piston ring bevel - should the bevel go up or down?

The through holes weren't finished in my cylinder head...man the quality control is pretty bad.

You guys who use dirko - It seams to skim over really fast. how do you apply it? just under the piston seal? or do you get the jug over the rings and put some on top as well?

Does the 1187 set up as fast? The dirko is hard to work with with the fast set time

You guys who use dirko - It seams to skim over really fast. how do you apply it? just under the piston seal? or do you get the jug over the rings and put some on top as well?

Does the 1187 set up as fast? The dirko is hard to work with with the fast set time
You got about 20 minutes. Don't apply it ahead of time. Use only a small bead. When you are finished. Set the nozzle aside and when it dries it will pull right out of nozzle and be ready for next time. I put a small bead on both sides.

Put it on case and set the gasket, apply dirko to the top side of gasket, use a nail to line up holes and put the intake side bolts in cylinder and then place the cylinder and tighten crisscross.

http://thechainsawkitguy.com Kit info

See the videos. Only one way to do it. It's way the fit the pins.

http://thechainsawkitguy.com Kit info
What video? bevel up or down? thx
rings4.jpg

piston ring bevel - should the bevel go up or down?

The through holes weren't finished in my cylinder head...man the quality control is pretty bad.
The bevel faces up if you but the bevel down the rings will bind they need to fit the alignment pins on the piston or bad things will happen.

Ya, I didn't hear of this issue, was trying to finish it today...I need a lathe haha. It's really binding on the bearing. Should it just slip on easily?

Gonna piss me off to wait another week or two for a new drum to come

I had other bearings that I used instead. If check your Stihl dealee for one. My second one fit, just tight.

I put the drum on first and its a little easier to slide the bearing into the drum.

For what its worth I use permatex motoseal. It's made for 2strokes and can be exposed to gas.

I'm no longer the owner of the 660. Took it by the saw shop to get my friend to double check my carb setting and I was offered cash on the spot by the owner's brother. He knew it was a clone. Said he didn't care, they dont use the 660s real often, just 461s. Hopefully it will give insight into longevity and durability saw.

I'm no longer the owner of the 660. Took it by the saw shop to get my friend to double check my carb setting and I was offered cash on the spot by the owner's brother. He knew it was a clone. Said he didn't care, they dont use the 660s real often, just 461s. Hopefully it will give insight into longevity and durability saw.
Well you've got cash now to buy another one. :laugh::rock:

Back