FarmerTec Huztl MS660 Updated Build Kit - Build Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bedford T

Bedford T

the1chainsawguy
I took mine to help a neighbor. My role, drop the tree, they were going to clean it up with their little saws. I heat cycled it and it got its final tune today. My first chain sharpening went well too. This one has a big lope. I pray that that bad cylinder did not throw it out of wack. I later buried the bar and it did great. But man does she wobble. That carb is so close to right at one full turn out it will throw you off. Don't have to move it much. I really happy with it.

MG porting

MG porting

ArboristSite Guru
I took mine to help a neighbor. My role, drop the tree, they were going to clean it up with their little saws. I heat cycled it and it got its final tune today. My first chain sharpening went well too. This one has a big lope. I pray that that bad cylinder did not throw it out of wack. I later buried the bar and it did great. But man does she wobble. That carb is so close to right at one full turn out it will throw you off. Don't have to move it much. I really happy with it.

She sounds good sounds about right on your tune good job Bedford T. :chainsaw::rock:

golddredgergold

golddredgergold

ArboristSite Operative
Ok putting my engine together. I bought the stihl oem wrist pin, bearing, and clips. I went to assemble them and the wrist pin is perfect but the bearing fits the wrist pin and piston but to small for the con rod? So I mock up with the included bearing. The included farmer bearing is the same inside diameter but much larger outside. Where did I go wrong? Pic is of the supposed stihl oem ms 6660 bearing. It to thin and to wide. If I need a side by side with the farmer bearing I can get that.IMG_20180305_195118.jpg IMG_20180305_195227.jpg

hacksaw11111

hacksaw11111

ArboristSite Member
Ok putting my engine together. I bought the stihl oem wrist pin, bearing, and clips. I went to assemble them and the wrist pin is perfect but the bearing fits the wrist pin and piston but to small for the con rod? So I mock up with the included bearing. The included farmer bearing is the same inside diameter but much larger outside. Where did I go wrong? Pic is of the supposed stihl oem ms 6660 bearing. It to thin and to wide. If I need a side by side with the farmer bearing I can get that.View attachment 637552 View attachment 637553
There are two bearings, make sure you have the right one. I used oem bearings but ft wrist pin. Then again your connecting rod hole maybe out of spec, who knows, I've had a few parts not fit right.

MG porting

MG porting

ArboristSite Guru
Ok putting my engine together. I bought the stihl oem wrist pin, bearing, and clips. I went to assemble them and the wrist pin is perfect but the bearing fits the wrist pin and piston but to small for the con rod? So I mock up with the included bearing. The included farmer bearing is the same inside diameter but much larger outside. Where did I go wrong? Pic is of the supposed stihl oem ms 6660 bearing. It to thin and to wide. If I need a side by side with the farmer bearing I can get that.View attachment 637552 View attachment 637553
That's not a oem bearing all the oem Stihl bearings that I've ever used are gold in color .......

golddredgergold

golddredgergold

ArboristSite Operative
There are two bearings, make sure you have the right one. I used oem bearings but ft wrist pin. Then again your connecting rod hole maybe out of spec, who knows, I've had a few parts not fit right.
Not out of spec these are clearly 2 very different bearings for sure
I will pop the cylinder off in a bit and get a side by side comparison picture.

golddredgergold

golddredgergold

ArboristSite Operative
Ok here is the pic. Farmertec right the stihl I bought left. The inner dia. Is exactly the same but width and outer are not. Farmer fit with wrist pin perfect in pic. Stihl same wrist pin 1/8" gap.IMG_20180305_220821.jpg IMG_20180305_221031.jpg IMG_20180305_221057.jpg

hacksaw11111

hacksaw11111

ArboristSite Member
The Stihl and ft we're identical...check your stihl part number, think you got the wrong one
Piston 9512 003 3281 1 Needle cage 12x17x13

Clutch Needle Bearing 10x16x13 9512 933 2382

Bedford T

Bedford T

the1chainsawguy
The part numbers may not do you any good, might, but if it was in the wrong bin and a bad label/pick you just need to return it.

Could be wrong model piston bearing, could be clutch bearing of correct model.

You know it does not work and it should, sorry that happened to you

http://thechainsawkitguy.com Kit info

golddredgergold

golddredgergold

ArboristSite Operative
The part numbers may not do you any good, might, but if it was in the wrong bin and a bad label/pick you just need to return it.

Could be wrong model piston bearing, could be clutch bearing of correct model.

You know it does not work and it should, sorry that happened to you

http://thechainsawkitguy.com Kit info
Aw it happens dont be sorry. I am starting to think its May be a clutch bearing. I am going to pull my 041 stihl and see if it will fit. It needs a new one anyway. Then today I will stop by the local stihl dealer and pick up a wrist bearing. Wonder what they cost own from the dealer?

Latest posts