FarmerTec Huztl MS660 Updated Build Kit - Build Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you guys not buy oem from your local dealer? I find that they are usually cheaper than eBay. Even on nos items they charge close to what the dealer charges. Then the cost of shipping fits in there. I get it faster locally. I do find deals on eBay from time to time and it's perfect for used.

What are the reasons you don't

http://thechainsawkitguy.com Kit info

Do you guys not buy oem from your local dealer? I find that they are usually cheaper than eBay. Even on nos items they charge close to what the dealer charges. Then the cost of shipping fits in there. I get it faster locally. I do find deals on eBay from time to time and it's perfect for used.

What are the reasons you don't

Nope Bedford, I avoid them like the plague! They never have anything in stock. Always have to order it. Then they hit you with shipping and California tax. If that bearing is $17.00 I would get out the door close to $30.00. If you have to order it and wait I might as well do it myself and no tax. Most of the time free shipping. So I order everything myself.

Oh and also....
Sales guy at Stihl dealer... " I don't have that bearing in stock...I can order it will take about a week. But I do have a nice new 2018 stihl saw right over here on sale today......" Because somehow I want to drop $1200 on a new saw not $17.00 for the part I wanted.... See my point.

Nope Bedford, I avoid them like the plague! They never have anything in stock. Always have to order it. Then they hit you with shipping and California tax. If that bearing is $17.00 I would get out the door close to $30.00. If you have to order it and wait I might as well do it myself and no tax. Most of the time free shipping. So I order everything myself.
It's nice to know how stuff works different places. I have about 5 places to choose from. One is like yours and the others have faults like being lazy. One loves to talk politics and I hate that, I do not go there. The one most like yours stocks nothing and charges 3.75$ to order even a screw. I don't buy from them either. I talked to Stihl and they don't care a little bit. Not even a little...lol

Oh and also....
Sales guy at Stihl dealer... " I don't have that bearing in stock...I can order it will take about a week. But I do have a nice new 2018 stihl saw right over here on sale today......" Because somehow I want to drop $1200 on a new saw not $17.00 for the part I wanted.... See my point.
That's when I say I am here today to buy a part and you don't have it and your policies make it hard to get so why would I drop another dime with you on new equipment? Just does not make sense to me.

And watch their face. Even if they have a low iq they get what just happened. You just luck up if you find a good dealer, pure luck.

It's nice to know how stuff works different places. I have about 5 places to choose from. One is like yours and the others have faults like being lazy. One loves to talk politics and I hate that, I do not go there. The one most like yours stocks nothing and charges 3.75$ to order even a screw. I don't buy from them either. I talked to Stihl and they don't care a little bit. Not even a little...lol

Yep. We only have one place to choose from. It's minimum $12.50 shipping and handling for a "specialty" order. No matter what it is.

Here's what my bearing looks like. I pulled my jug yesterday to put a BB on it. Mine is copper colour
b639a1e2a3fb90497159ffbd22e76043.jpg

Yes wrong bearing for sure. He says he is sending the correct one. So I should get it fast. Its deffinately the thicker or larger outside diameter and a bit narrower than other rod bearing stihl uses. I got my cylinder test fit and placed my degree wheel. I will check my squish here in a bit. I need to pick up a nice t handle Torx as the fancy screwdriver style bit holding one I have wont fit down the cylinder holes. Uuuhhhggg! Always something. But so far so good. Cranks in cases sealed. Run the numbers through my tuned pipe software. I am building a "milling" pipe with a nice silencer. Designed to bring the torque peak at a slightly lower rpm and a good silencer that all is directed away from the user. So should be a great setup.

Yes wrong bearing for sure. He says he is sending the correct one. So I should get it fast. Its deffinately the thicker or larger outside diameter and a bit narrower than other rod bearing stihl uses. I got my cylinder test fit and placed my degree wheel. I will check my squish here in a bit. I need to pick up a nice t handle Torx as the fancy screwdriver style bit holding one I have wont fit down the cylinder holes. Uuuhhhggg! Always something. But so far so good. Cranks in cases sealed. Run the numbers through my tuned pipe software. I am building a "milling" pipe with a nice silencer. Designed to bring the torque peak at a slightly lower rpm and a good silencer that all is directed away from the user. So should be a great setup.
. You can use a 1/4 socket on it when you need more grip

https://www.eio.com/wiha-74590-t27-...z_qQhiT9WaGnZMgl0K9NvY-Dgo2N6_uxoCnt0QAvD_BwE

if you were grading sprockets for replacements and you had to communicate the wear level on the sprocket to your customer or your brother or whomever what would you grade this sprocket as far as the wear level. Its not a trick question. Just the wheel. the wall thickness is another matter.
IMG_20180307_014127.jpg IMG_20180307_014136.jpg IMG_20180307_014143.jpg
10 brand new
5 is replacement required to operate saw safely

thanks

if you were grading sprockets for replacements and you had to communicate the wear level on the sprocket to your customer or your brother or whomever what would you grade this sprocket as far as the wear level. Its not a trick question. Just the wheel. the wall thickness is another matter.
View attachment 637726 View attachment 637727 View attachment 637728
10 brand new
5 is replacement required to operate saw safely

thanks
Never did like that stile of sprocket they whare to fast.

Well got bored today and something was in my mind on my back up saw that I'm slowly getting together even though I know that the farmertec ms660 has a pretty big squish but never really cared to meshur the squish so I decided to on this one because I'll be changing the piston and cylinder in a couple of weeks and yep I got . 033" end to end so I'm hoping with the highway cylinder with the meteor piston it has less like the sweat spot . 022" or . 020" with base gasket of some kind I do have some made out of printers paper that are thinner than the metal base gasket so I do have some options.:chainsaw::yes:

Latest posts

Back