FarmerTec Huztl MS660 Updated Build Kit - Build Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys, another question for ya, haha.
I put an AM big bore on this one. When the piston is at TDC I can see into the crankcase...i dont remember seeing this on the standard one, but idk. I put the metal gasket on and cylinder was pointing the right way. and i put too much sealer on i guess...
Is this ok?
yPtL-swYtjdc5CKWJ4fCutyYFo4aR3FHFels2XIbblfSBt7zL9Lw_lh40ezgT1SGOyM29axEScj7gYMeLaZMJWXJBjRfTMOLGwll9HqN7lQgGPntojvZXXwL8kSBHLmLyLDi1mdkDVFqKcUnQy7epwzCF2jExsXc7Wjplz40J4f6A1hOP6J8mvbdggzuCKuS1XNAnA20Dn1XxiIS8st_i9GelzNp84Y4LQ5jhcMmDZ2wfWVWk1jFwx2fzUUXsEfJv-HSQkTinAbKJy7hRVfp4XOjhDJ9jCQ-TxKNasZA7el1D5QG2pqUqEeJMYrBNjrJstfygslSq2W3djMdp8kbjq4JI-W60z24f6ZBZykJi3kzm7rk1yva8V8gabPxJG7vJC7aBXd4XnSBa5Vn-bdlTxn1pc64Xolxd_5i_OgdsHorosvi-OonwbCSgc6VyWYFlc4LjJg4pRHz49zIs6TdhYbXflXCdyOVN68MJoSeR2IDLTlfCIORr2rGlAnuEA2tMoupUc2J1zEHBWovpElGKf8wgK58R0W_0UZJTs7oJpew4Hjt4Ys1oT5NkniwREowMiOqGc6sb7zRqBUKaoaYNswSORjwJivTTw_DXDM=w441-h588-no
I can't see the picture, but minor freeporting is common in the big bore kits because in order to keep the case the same, they just shorten the piston skirt since the piston can't fit down into the case. Shortened piston skirt=freeport

ya, its a bit more than minor, more 4mm. I read 1mm but this is a lot more. waste of thirty bucks. maybe i'll try it anyway...i don't have another gasket to put the original on with anyway.

Any harm that can come from too much freeport?

Photo of the gear that doesn't fit. It is finger-tight wedged in there. Can't get it down any further by hand. I had the same problem with the MS440 kit and I ordered a new chain tentioner assembly from ebay for about $10, and the new one fit just fine.

Wondering if I should do the same for this one? Or use a dremel to make more clearance for the supplied gear.
Hey all, wanted to confirm that the new black gear has too large of an OD won't fit in the hole...another OEM part you need to buy

My gear wouldn't fit also and Not sure what model it fits.
It had a couple more problems I wasn't ready for. But they were nothing that couldn't be worked around.
Was kinda aggravating.

Has anyone bought a big bore kit from this seller? Guy sold 377, can't imagine i'm the only one with this issue? Also- as a heads up, I woundn't buy this one again, lol
https://www.ebay.com/itm/BIG-BORE-56mm-Cylinder-Piston-Ring-Kit-For-Stihl-066-MS660-066-Chainsaw-Parts/151628728786?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649#rwid
No I don't use the big bore for the simple fact that they are a hit and miss with the free port issue there are some that don't but how many times do you have to one to get one that does not free port. Lol. Yea you can reuse the clips but I wouldn't recommend it there cheap so just get new ones if you ask me. And yes on the piston they took the skirts of the piston and made them shorter so they wouldn't hit the case and farmertec isn't the only one that has this problem.

ya, its a bit more than minor, more 4mm. I read 1mm but this is a lot more. waste of thirty bucks. maybe i'll try it anyway...i don't have another gasket to put the original on with anyway.

Any harm that can come from too much freeport?
I'm a day late on my reply. Lol. Sorry about that.

My gear wouldn't fit also and Not sure what model it fits.
It had a couple more problems I wasn't ready for. But they were nothing that couldn't be worked around.
Was kinda aggravating.
Ya, luckily I have` a stihl dealer close who doesn't gouge me on price and a lot of tools. Anyone trying to put this together like a lego set is gonna be disappointed lol. Another clutch drum thats too tight too...need to be .630 these are like .627

Many people recommend using the oil pump as a backing to seat the pto bearing against when assembling the crank cases. I didn't though because I didn't know if I the oil pump assembly would be damaged by being baked in the oven with the crank case, and I didn't want to take the time to install it after pulling the case out of the oven because I'd be losing heat. I was really going for speed on this attempt.

What do you guys do?
That was on the 440 with the oil pump. Some of the saws are designed differently. Glad you did not bake that.

http://thechainsawkitguy.com Kit info

Well fired her up. She runs great. Had to tweak the idle adjustment bar on the carb. Idle screw all the way in still no idle. They bend very easy so slight tweak up and the idle adjustment works great. Pumps oil. Starts fine. But you need to get after it or it will jerk the rope out of you hand! But very excited it has got pep. Will get it into some wood very soon. Weather is supposed to clear up for the next 2 weeks buuuutttt....turkey season starts shortly so I will be busy for a bit.

Well fired her up. She runs great. Had to tweak the idle adjustment bar on the carb. Idle screw all the way in still no idle. They bend very easy so slight tweak up and the idle adjustment works great. Pumps oil. Starts fine. But you need to get after it or it will jerk the rope out of you hand! But very excited it has got pep. Will get it into some wood very soon. Weather is supposed to clear up for the next 2 weeks buuuutttt....turkey season starts shortly so I will be busy for a bit.
Very cool glad you got it going she looks amazing. Yea hunting can be priority no doubt about that !!

I discovered a 660 related carb today. My TS400 had a snapped off choke shaft. I thought it looked familiar. If only it had an adjustable H....

2018-03-25 23.33.01.jpg 2018-03-25 23.33.24.jpg 2018-03-25 23.34.02.jpg 2018-03-25 23.34.22.jpg
Choke shaft is opposite on these. And throttle is different. I'm going to try to see if it will switch over.

Latest posts

Back