FarmerTec Huztl MS660 Updated Build Kit - Build Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went in to pickup some circlips 12mm I had ordered. The guy was unboxing a 251, a nice looking saw. They had no large saws on display. There is about 5 dealers close to me and some have an 880 or up to a 661. Mostly smaller saws.

The wood boss had a white handle, kinda caught me off guard.

I put my 070 up on my work bench today. I took top off to start. That is a big saw. 660 is much easier to handle. Every fella is born with CAD

chainsaw kits and packing lists
http://thechainsawkitguy.com
http://YouTube.com/c/the1chainsawguy

Just got done milling today with "the twins". The new one is still set just a tad fat but cleans up really nice during the cut. The 36" Stihl yellow sticker bar really holds on to the oil well. Stays in the rail really nicely. I have the HO pump on my first 660 and one thing that I can say is that the pump "wore in" and puts out more oil now than it did new. Not really sure why, but it is working better. I still have the kit pump in the new saw and it's getting replaced tomorrow. It's using half as much oil as the HO. The first saw has the kit carb and the new saw has the Walbro wj-76. The kit carb on the first saw is flawless, but the kit carb that came with the second saw sucked. Didn't tune at all... The high screw kept moving and the low screw was really lagging. I'd move it and the saw would take forever to adjust. I instantly grabbed a Walbro and it tuned perfectly. Both saws are running the 56mm with the gasket and 1184... Both saws are absolute stump pullers.

You must live in big timber country if you need a 660 for firewood.

That's just crazy talk. Since when does "need" enter the equation??? Where are your values?
DirtDOG.gif

Well I got bored today so although I got my first ms660 pretty much where I want it I have my second 660 that I'm still messing with need a lot of parts for it but mean wile I've got three farmertec cylinders so I took the one I believe is the best one out the pick nothing compared to my meteor on my running saw but never the less with the port work I'd did on this cylinder I figured this one was a good one but I showed you guys the problem these cylinders have on the squish band area so I did some fixing on this one and I'm very pleased with the result. IMG_20180626_173907.jpg

You must live in big timber country if you need a 660 for firewood. Here in NC, 95 percent of the firewood saws are in the 50 to 60 cc range. I got mine because of CAD (chainsaw addiction disorder) that I acquired when I joined arborist site. I told myself I was going to use it for Milling, so I had to order a mill. I need to stop talking myself into things, but I'm just too easy I guess.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
Nah not exactly big timber country, cleaning fence rows on the farm and we have alot of good sized thorn trees. Them puppies are some hard cuttin but good firewood and I aint got time to fart around so go big or go home I say. Tracking says my beast is in customs, not sure how long that takes but iam ready to get things rollin.

It shouldn't take too long. 10-15 days from placing order is what I hear from most people.
Nah not exactly big timber country, cleaning fence rows on the farm and we have alot of good sized thorn trees. Them puppies are some hard cuttin but good firewood and I aint got time to fart around so go big or go home I say. Tracking says my beast is in customs, not sure how long that takes but iam ready to get things rollin.

We were talking customs? On this side that happens in NY I think.

Yes, the husky kit said customs clearance is completed. Next line says "shipment in transit at Maspeth, NY. Thanks for your waiting"
What I was saying about the 660 kit was it arrived at my house 3 days after I placed the order. It was shipped from NJ.

Yep, nothing wrong with big. I'm just getting too old for big saws. But I still like them. Don't get in too big of a hurry building it. Take your time on the crank and case halves and piston and cylinder. After that is just like putting a puzzle together.
Have you given any thought about how your going to install the crank?

Yep, nothing wrong with big. I'm just getting too old for big saws. But I still like them. Don't get in too big of a hurry building it. Take your time on the crank and case halves and piston and cylinder. After that is just like putting a puzzle together.
Have you given any thought about how your going to install the crank?

Yeh Iam getting to old also, but all Iam going to do with it is chunk the logs up. I'll haul it to the log in the skid loader bucket, pick log up with my excavator and chunk it up. I aint packin that lug around anywhere. hopefully I dont have to buy something to pick the saw up and sit it on the log lol. I think I may put some heat in it and put it in my press. That walt guy pressed one together cold, Ive pressed lots of bearings and stuff, shouldn't be a problem. I know about the tools being made and they do look handy, but I dont think they are necessary, but we'll see when I get the kit and look it over.

Good work on this thread Bedford T. I am thinking about ordering the 440 kit, as I in no way need a 90cc saw, but I could use a 70cc. I have never built, or worked too much on saws before, but I do a lot of work on lawn mowers. I plan to watch your building videos, before I get too far ahead of myself. Have you ever built the 440 kit? What all parts would I want to go with oem?

Yeh Iam getting to old also, but all Iam going to do with it is chunk the logs up. I'll haul it to the log in the skid loader bucket, pick log up with my excavator and chunk it up. I aint packin that lug around anywhere. hopefully I dont have to buy something to pick the saw up and sit it on the log lol. I think I may put some heat in it and put it in my press. That walt guy pressed one together cold, Ive pressed lots of bearings and stuff, shouldn't be a problem. I know about the tools being made and they do look handy, but I dont think they are necessary, but we'll see when I get the kit and look it over.
Sounds like you got it going.
I cut some spacers from plastic piping that fit the inner bearing races and used the flywheel nut and the clutch to pull them with s 1/4" impact driver.
Worked very well. No heat, no cold.

Were the threads on the crank long enough to get it started and pull it through in 1 pull? You used the clutch assy for a nut? Will my tracking number work all the way are does it get changed after customs? been tracking it through SF express so far

No, you have to take it off and add spacers several times, but with the small impact it's pretty fast just zip, zip. Plus it gives you a chance to look and make sure it's going well.
Yes I used the clutch for a nut same as the flywheel nut. I had no left hand nut and no fine thread for the flywheel side, so I used what I had. It's alot faster than making the tools if you are just going to do one saw.
My tracking stopped in Maryland. Then I got an email from UPS with a delivery date. You can sign up for that with FedEx as well if you haven't already.
Were the threads on the crank long enough to get it started and pull it through in 1 pull? You used the clutch assy for a nut? Will my tracking number work all the way are does it get changed after customs? been tracking it through SF express so far

Good work on this thread Bedford T. I am thinking about ordering the 440 kit, as I in no way need a 90cc saw, but I could use a 70cc. I have never built, or worked too much on saws before, but I do a lot of work on lawn mowers. I plan to watch your building videos, before I get too far ahead of myself. Have you ever built the 440 kit? What all parts would I want to go with oem?
Thanks.

I like the 440. It's a good kit. Look at my website for tips on what to change. I learned it's best to maintain a reference so you can get the info you need when you need it. It's in my footer. I also started a thread on the 440 and have some build videos. The 660 case assembly videos are more up to date. The professional saw cases assembly are alike. Things like brake are different and setting up the oil pump. You need a manual, watch the videos. Mittysupply.com will have a carb. If you don't see it ask. It should be there and the tools needed are also on the website. Doing the testing is very important. I just did a testing video on the 660, it excatly the same, same tools.
Welcome and good luck, we are here for you

Back