Farmi use

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laird

Nemo me impune lacessit
Reaction score
There have been a few threads in the last couple of months asking about Farmi's. I figured I would show how I have been using mine for the benefit of others and maybe get a few ideas myself.
attachment.php

The winch has pulled almost anything I have tried. Some logs are frozen into the ground and need some help to break free. Some times I'll Lock the winch and use the tractor to get them started before reeling them the rest of the way in.
attachment.php

I pull them right up to the back, take them off the cable and hook them to the plate notches.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Raise the ends off the ground and drag them out.

I can usually get 4 good sized logs at a time. If I have something particularly heavy sometimes I need to lower the skidder to put more of the logs weight back on the ground. I have found myself needing to steer using the rear wheel brakes occasionally because the front tires don't get enough bite. Front weights would help but I don't have any as yet.

i want one of those- just can't pull the trigger to spend the money. Hows it work for pullin logs out of raveans.

It does well if I can put the pulley accessory (in pic right side) 6-8' up a tree at the top of a ravine. If I can keep the butt end out of the dirt it does well. I pull it up to the tree, take the cable out of the pulley then pull it the rest of the way with just the elevated pulley on the skidder.

Thanks. Alot of wood around me is near impossible to get out. I was concerned about the tractor tippin. I've heard that you can use the farmi and wedge it by a tree for leverage.

Latest posts

Back