Farmtec/huztl husky clone saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
look closely at everything we go to purchase it says made in China. Ever try to weld imported structural steel. I seen 4” channel arc when I put the heat to it. The imported structural steels are our main source for steels.
I hope our steel mills are starting up more and more soon. Can’t beat made in the USA.

If there wasn't a sticker do you think you'd be able to tell?
I don't know. Some things you can tell. I have a Porter Cable router USA made. I have a made in China one too and I can definitely tell the difference. Same model number.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

In That trans port picture the rough chamfering looks familiar. Is that a chinese cylinder.

I don't know. Some things you can tell. I have a Porter Cable router USA made. I have a made in China one too and I can definitely tell the difference. Same model number.

Try testing the 3/8” dr battery impact drivers. Two Chinese drivers died, my porter cable is still running like new. My fault for being cheap.

It appears they didn’t fully chrome the combustion chamber properly. There’s a reason in gun barrels why they chrome the barrels and chambers completely. Plus you have to allow more clearance for the chome Or nikasil plating. You have to plate the complete cylinder.
Most current chainsaws only have a little bit of the band plated and none of the dome. Where most of the Chinese cylinders are completely plated all the way through

My point is that you can't just proclaim that you aren't going to put China crap in your saws then buy parts from china.... Even if it is the OEM part. You can say that you aren't putting cheap aftermarket parts in it, or something similar. But you cannot just say arbitrarily you are not putting Chinese crap in it. Either boycott China wholly or not at all, but don't pigeon hole the entire country over one company. Boycott huztl, boycott farmertec.... But don't proclaim everything that comes from China is crap and just accept the fact that you agree that the American companies that are outsourcing Chinese labor and materials are doing something that you see as ok, and continue to support it. But don't hide behind the facade of "American or nothing" because it is outright B.S.
Nailed it again.

My point is that you can't just proclaim that you aren't going to put China crap in your saws then buy parts from china.... Even if it is the OEM part. You can say that you aren't putting cheap aftermarket parts in it, or something similar. But you cannot just say arbitrarily you are not putting Chinese crap in it. Either boycott China wholly or not at all, but don't pigeon hole the entire country over one company. Boycott huztl, boycott farmertec.... But don't proclaim everything that comes from China is crap and just accept the fact that you agree that the American companies that are outsourcing Chinese labor and materials are doing something that you see as ok, and continue to support it. But don't hide behind the facade of "American or nothing" because it is outright B.S.
Boy you folks sure like to tell people what they can or can't say... Who the hell do you think you are? When I say "Chinese crap" or "Chinese ****" I am talking precisely about the **** you use to build chainsaws out of. I won't buy it either. What's wrong with that?

It appears they didn’t fully chrome the combustion chamber properly. There’s a reason in gun barrels why they chrome the barrels and chambers completely. Plus you have to allow more clearance for the chome Or nikasil plating. You have to plate the complete cylinder.
Funny thing is, that's the only OEM one...

Yeah, and I said I don't know about the cylinders, I don't have one of each to compare. But I gave an example of OEM USA vs OEM China in something I do have to compare.

Which has exactly zero relevance to this conversation wouldn't you say? I see neither you nor noodle wanted to jump in with opinions on the pics.

Latest posts

Back